Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Alex Killorn (7 years, $4.45M cap hit, $31.15M total)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Looks like we may need to move a cap hit to get both Vladdy and Kucherov re-signed. Condra maybe?

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
The more I think about it the more I think this has to be with no NMC attached. It's a bit rough in terms of trying to fit everybody under the cap but I've always maintained that doing so in 2017 is impossible anyway. As long as we maintain the ability to trade him he's cost controlled if he's on our team and an attractive cost controlled option to other teams if we have to move him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Killorn has been pretty healthy and doesn't play a game that leads to early decline so he should be able to keep his production up for most of it. Will be 33 the last year of the deal so not too old. It's the right AAV for his production which doesn't fluctuate much and if it does increase it's a bonus. Think it also sets a decent bar for Palat's next deal as I don't see him getting 2mil more than Killorn so he should be 6 or under.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Killer is part of the core. He's an absolute beast in the playoffs. His regular season numbers are solid enough. Not sure 4.45 is taking a discount and definitely didn't expect this long of a term. Happy he's staying with the team tho.

Now get Kuch locked up!

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Hmm unsure about this one, a bit too long for my taste but might prove me wrong.

I wonder if we will protect him at the expansion draft? Guess it depends how he performs next season.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Killorn has been pretty healthy and doesn't play a game that leads to early decline so he should be able to keep his production up for most of it. Will be 33 the last year of the deal so not too old. It's the right AAV for his production which doesn't fluctuate much and if it does increase it's a bonus. Think it also sets a decent bar for Palat's next deal as I don't see him getting 2mil more than Killorn so he should be 6 or under.

I get everyones concern for the term and whatnot, but you have pretty much summed up my thoughts.

You lock in his price now, which yeah, is a little higher than I thought it would be, but he stays healthy and honest to god plays everywhere on the ice. Not only does he do that, but he always ends up productive. That is a guy i'd want to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad