Light the Lamp GMC '15 -Start of 2018-2019 regular season - (Post in PART 7!) Part 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
Hootz, I like how you double checked to see which Benn it was who scored lol. So many injuries i played Jordie on line 4

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
:leafs have been removed from the league due to violating of rules during our game.

I will message people on the wait list to replace him.

Now I have Filppula (5 games), Athanasiou (1) and Harrison (6) out right now from one game because my players were ran away from the puck.

Should be the one time you can quit and play their CPU. :)

LiamMac

Feb 19, 2015
Gmc

:leafs have been removed from the league due to violating of rules during our game.

I will message people on the wait list to replace him.

Now I have Filppula (5 games), Athanasiou (1) and Harrison (6) out right now from one game because my players were ran away from the puck.

Can I be put on the wait list? My gamer tag is mcleanw70

DanMartinez5

Dec 6, 2014
picture.php

Detroit's Minor League team...

I don't think he's 'tanking' in the spirit of the rule though.. My guess is he's preserving his players for the playoffs. So is that ok? Then why not playing a younger goalie with potential who is playing better than an aging vet during a rebuild? CBJ had more wins under Korpisalo (who I can't understand why was recently traded...) than Schneider but it's considered tanking??

C'mon Hooterz, do the right thing. Reinstate me as CBJ GM and allow the current CBJ GM replace Toronto. We both know I didn't do anything wrong. I get the NYR move based on your explanation but it feels like I was wrongly lumped into that in what I can assume was an attempt to set an example. I get it, but let's face it, a mistake was made here and it's not too late to right it.

Last edited:

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
There was no mistake. Sorry bud, it wasn't just the Schneider ordeal. Also there's like 3-4 games left, there's nothin wrong with them bein in the minors. I don't even have a pick and I am 1 game away from clinching. Love the picture though

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
There was no mistake. Sorry bud, it wasn't just the Schneider ordeal. Also there's like 3-4 games left, there's nothin wrong with them bein in the minors. I don't even have a pick and I am 1 game away from clinching. Love the picture though

I think it was an inside job hahaha

Stith00

Nov 3, 2014
I'm also guilty of tanking then. As I've secured the #1seed in the West and dont have a realistic shot at the presidents (2games left 2 points up on OTT, he has 4 games in hand). Dont see a reason to trot out Getz, Perry etc in essentially meaningless games (no offense Col/Ott)

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Good riddance.

:laugh:

I'm also guilty of tanking then. As I've secured the #1seed in the West and dont have a realistic shot at the presidents (2games left 2 points up on OTT, he has 4 games in hand). Dont see a reason to trot out Getz, Perry etc in essentially meaningless games (no offense Col/Ott)

Ouch! My guys are going down as soon as I'm on too. You can have the presidents trophy, couldn't care less about it, we want the cup lol

Yeah, aren't him and NJD brothers or roommates or soul mates or some ****?

Oh you :laugh:

Stith00

Nov 3, 2014
:ducks are on if :avs or :sens are around, just send me a PM, I have my notifications off on my one

DustersAnonymous

Let the Larsson Play
Apr 26, 2013
New Jersey
Ah, I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing it up. :laugh:

He's my roommate. Is there an issue here? I read his post, he was more than amicable and made a valid point.

An inside job? Yeah, when you live in the same house it's not hard to get on someone's xbox, not that I wouldn't have done it if he asked. Ottawa should understand this since his mates seem to log on, go on gm connected, then proceed to play people's CPU all unbeknownst to him of course. He of all people should get where I'm coming from, right?

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
He's my roommate. Is there an issue here? I read his post, he was more than amicable and made a valid point.

An inside job? Yeah, when you live in the same house it's not hard to get on someone's xbox, not that I wouldn't have done it if he asked. Ottawa should understand this since his mates seem to log on, go on gm connected, then proceed to play people's CPU all unbeknownst to him of course. He of all people should get where I'm coming from, right?

I said it, and it was a joke.

DustersAnonymous

Let the Larsson Play
Apr 26, 2013
New Jersey
I said it, and it was a joke.

Sorry, didn't mean to direct that towards you.

I find it funny that you all either lack reading comprehension (which I don't believe is the case) or are purposely ignoring the points he made. He clearly stated it wasn't tanking what Detroit is doing but rather it's technically against the rules in the same light that his infraction was. Neither CBJ or DET violated the spirit of the rule is the overall point here.

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
:canes online, need WSH, STL, FLA, and NY (Playoff chances are all but shot lol unless Boston totally blows it along with buffalo and i win out But that Looks like wishful thinking considering lund seems like a monster at the game)

Dont count me out, i can blow it at any point, i also only have 2 games left.

Stith00

Nov 3, 2014
DET isnt tanking or anything, he is in the playoffs already, he has a slim chance of moving up from 7 to 6 but unlikely.

CBJ literally had all his 80+ players in the minors for the length of the season, I'll buy the story on Schneider sucking, but what was the reasoning for Horton,Hartnell,Johnson,Savard etc

DanMartinez5

Dec 6, 2014
DET isnt tanking or anything, he is in the playoffs already, he has a slim chance of moving up from 7 to 6 but unlikely.

CBJ literally had all his 80+ players in the minors for the length of the season, I'll buy the story on Schneider sucking, but what was the reasoning for Horton,Hartnell,Johnson,Savard etc

I know he's not tanking, I know you're not either. You're protecting your players. I get it, but I wasn't tanking either and that's obvious as you just said with regards to Schneider. He was the only player I had in minors that was worthy of a roster spot ordinarily. I benched players last season, a rule was then implemented so I followed it this season. All those players you mentioned were playing in the NHL this season. Schneider played a majority of season until I gave Korpisalo a shot and he played much better. Just like some goalies are all stars at 85 and 90+ guys are Swiss cheese.
I probably shouldn't have made the Schneider deal in hindsight but he was amazing for me in HUT so I figured it'd translate.

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
:sabres on looking to finish up my season. Sent out PMs but just posting in the thread incase people missed the PMs

Hoping for playoffs but it's going to be tough

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014

I meant it as a joke, I recalled you or him saying you two were roommates. Sorry if I personally offended you, you seemed like a guy who wouldn't take it personally.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
I know he's not tanking, I know you're not either. You're protecting your players. I get it, but I wasn't tanking either and that's obvious as you just said with regards to Schneider. He was the only player I had in minors that was worthy of a roster spot ordinarily. I benched players last season, a rule was then implemented so I followed it this season. All those players you mentioned were playing in the NHL this season. Schneider played a majority of season until I gave Korpisalo a shot and he played much better. Just like some goalies are all stars at 85 and 90+ guys are Swiss cheese.
I probably shouldn't have made the Schneider deal in hindsight but he was amazing for me in HUT so I figured it'd translate.

Like I said before, it wasn't just the Schneider thing. But it was a few things and after a while I decided I would rather see a new GM. Not going to change my mind. Sorry, but it's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad