Line Combos: Let's vote the Season Starting Lineups! 2nd pairing Left Defenceman?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

XXX --- Zetterberg --- Nyquist
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
Datsyuk LTIR

Kronwall --- Smith
XXXXXX --- XXX
XXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek
Backup: Howard

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Only reason I went with Ericsson here is to pair him with Green. Ericsson has no offensive upside but can cover for Green while he makes plays in the offensive zone.

DeKeyser should be in the top 4, but i see him paired with either Quincey or Marchenko and I think DeKeyser would be a good fit for either of those two.

I have no problems playing DDK with Green and Ericsson as the right side third pairng d with Quincey or Marchenko.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Only reason I went with Ericsson here is to pair him with Green. Ericsson has no offensive upside but can cover for Green while he makes plays in the offensive zone.

DeKeyser should be in the top 4, but i see him paired with either Quincey or Marchenko and I think DeKeyser would be a good fit for either of those two.

I have no problems playing DDK with Green and Ericsson as the right side third pairng d with Quincey or Marchenko.

I really liked your idea, because it makes that 3rd pair so much better. Or, why not think Ericsson-Green as a 3rd pair.

Kronwall - Smith (worked on that short experiment at 2014 playoffs)
DeKeyser - Quincey (this has been working for long)
Ericsson - Green

Easier matchups for Ericsson to get some confidence back and he would really compliment Green well with his toolbox. Also easier to be back at left side for a lefty.

Very very solid TOP6.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really liked your idea, because it makes that 3rd pair so much better. Or, why not think Ericsson-Green as a 3rd pair.

Kronwall - Smith (worked on that short experiment at 2014 playoffs)
DeKeyser - Quincey (this has been working for long)
Ericsson - Green

Easier matchups for Ericsson to get some confidence back and he would really compliment Green well with his toolbox. Also easier to be back at left side for a lefty.

Very very solid TOP6.

I don't hate that. Like it much better than the proposed Kronwall-Ericsson and Quincey-Smith pairings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad