Post-Game Talk: Lets build Glass a statue, Glass - 3, Glass' impenetrable nature - 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'd rather Sid be unselfish like that. It sucks for the scoring title, but I bet it goes a long way in the room.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Crosby had 3 points, putting him 14 up on 2nd place (Kessel). Crosby will have to be hit with an injury for him to cough up that lead. It's the playoff crunch, goal scoring will likely go down in many games as teams tighten up. I don't think there is much to worry about in regards to the Art Ross and there wasn't any chance Crosby was finding a way to beat out Ovy for the Richard.

Do you remember what happened last year?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I am of the school of thought that the first goal was obviously kicked, but if the player had the presence of mind to not raise his leg or use his stick, Fleury would have been scored on with that crappy position. He got lucky the player decided to kick the puck.

Speaking of the no goal call. Is anyone else bothered at just how easily Gaustad (and others) were able to drive the net and get in Fleury's grill? It's like there was no opposition...

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Crosby had 3 points, putting him 14 up on 2nd place (Kessel). Crosby will have to be hit with an injury for him to cough up that lead. It's the playoff crunch, goal scoring will likely go down in many games as teams tighten up. I don't think there is much to worry about in regards to the Art Ross and there wasn't any chance Crosby was finding a way to beat out Ovy for the Richard.

we've heard that for like 5 of the past 6 seasons.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
+Nisky continuing to play like it's a contract year
-It actually BEING Nisky's contract year.

I'm basing the following on absolutely nothing, but he just seems like one of these kids that would take a lot less money just to stay in his current situation where he's comfortable.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Speaking of the no goal call. Is anyone else bothered at just how easily Gaustad (and others) were able to drive the net and get in Fleury's grill? It's like there was no opposition...

Absolutely. The defense always has something to do with leaving Fleury high and dry, but Fleury makes it even worse by giving some crappy ass effort poke check and not closing his 5 hole.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd rather Sid be unselfish like that. It sucks for the scoring title, but I bet it goes a long way in the room.

It's one of those times he's being a good guy, a team player and all that, but I'm like:

1253886001_office-no.gif

It's a good thing, but if he loses the scoring title it sucks.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sid needs to be more selfish. You'd never see OV pass up the goal in that situation unless the other player was gunning for a hattie.

The last thing we want is for Sid to be more like OV. It was a nice gesture to pass it to Glass, not his fault Glass couldn't finish. The game wasn't on the line and our captain rewarded a role player for playing a good game.

Sid will win the Ross by 20 and not by 30, who cares?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The last thing we want is for Sid to be more like OV. It was a nice gesture to pass it to Glass, not his fault Glass couldn't finish. The game wasn't on the line and our captain rewarded a role player for playing a good game.

Sid will win the Ross by 20 and not by 30, who cares?

Keep in mind, if it's a 1 goal game, Sid's shooting that puck.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Not me. I'd rather Sid say '**** this **** already. I was making sure the puck went in. Glass sucks. Half these guys suck. These waiver pick ups suck. I'm tired of these bull**** 'leaders' who are nightmares on the ice and then preach to us. The coach is a moron. Enough is enough with mustache boy and entertainment. I want another ******* cup.' He won't do it, of course. But, it really is the only hope for this organization.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
KIRK was at the game?

1. That is so wrong. Funny . . . but wrong.

2. You really think I'm spending two large to fly from Sydney to Nashville in order to see a Penguins game. ****, I wouldn't spend two small for that.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
people said the same things last year, that empty net points dont matter, sid will win the art ross by 20 points, blah blah blah.

turns out he lost it by 4 points last year. had he capitalized on all his EN chances last season, he would have another art ross.

every point matters when it comes to scoring titles. and when your coach is bylsma and your goalie is fleury, individual awards are the only things worth caring about.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ Glass missing an empty net setup by Sid.

+ Not being forced to be a fan of Nashville

+ Blackhawks losing 3rd time to Avalanche this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad