Let's build a draft list

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I thought this might be a way for us to pass the time since we've not got much to talk about other than draft odds simulators and whether Thatcher Demko likes us, or if he like likes us.

It'll also give us a record to look back on in 2026 to see if we really did clamour for Michael McLeod with the second overall pick.

I'll use Bob McKenzie's list from February and list the next 9 guys in the poll. If you want to vote for someone else, just stick them in a post and tick 'other'.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
I voted Matthews but if we took Laine I wouldn't be upset. they are really 1/1a for me with Matthews winning out as the center

I agree. Even if Laine becomes the better fantasy player, I still think Matthews will bring us a better chance at a championship due to the centre factor.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I have to go with Matthews at #1. Laine is a great prospect, but Matthews is going to be that Franchise C we desperately need to replace Hank.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Laine. Best player in the draft. More impactful, dynamic, bigger, better goal scorer. He'll win more games single handedly compared to Matthews.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I voted Laine, but only because I just have this weird feeling about him. Watching him I see a Jamie Benn/Malkin hyprid winger, and someone who is gonna dominate for along time.

Although if we took Matthews I would be just as happy

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Matthews quite easily. He's underrated at this point, probably because he isn't getting much attention in the NLA. If he was playing in North America people would be gushing over him non-stop.

Even if Laine was just as good as him, Matthews gets the edge for being a center. Potential franchise center > potential franchise winger.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Matthews, even if you think he and Laine are even you have to go with the Center.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Matthews quite easily. He's underrated at this point, probably because he isn't getting much attention in the NLA. If he was playing in North America people would be gushing over him non-stop.

Even if Laine was just as good as him, Matthews gets the edge for being a center. Potential franchise center > potential franchise winger.

Probably should have just quoted this before posting.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Almost like the Ovechkin vs. Malkin debate.

Washington went with Ovie but there was a time where Malkin was arguably the best player in the league.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I'm pretty sure who the top three are. Looking forward to the 4th pick. Lots of opinions 4-8.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You can build a championship team around Mathews and horvat at centre

Imagine are 2017-18 lineup

Lucic Matthews Boeser
Sedin Sedin Hansen
Baertchi Horvat Virtanen
Etem Gaunce Prust

Hutton Trammer
Edler Tanev