Value of: Leon Gawanke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No value whatsoever, likely released or traded for another AHLer.

This team can draft, but my god, is it ever unable to give their draftees a shot with the team.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, he's a very good AHL defenseman, and probably deserving of at least a look in the NHL, not the same style as Kovacevic at all, but in that sense both guys who got caught in the numbers game.

I don't know how he thought signing a 4-year deal in the DEL was going to advance his options, though? :huh: When you get stuck in that kind of spot, unfortunately you just have to keep blowing up the AHL, hope you get a look, hope your waiver eligibility entices somebody to grab you at some point. That might have taken him another year or two. But it's still the more likely route to getting a foot in the door than signing in Germany is? :dunno:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Wonder if he knows Timmy, I know Tim lives in and trains with Mannheim in the summers so maybe there is a connection there. Also looks like he played with Batherson, Sokolov and Mandolese in Cape Breton, so quite a few connections to the sens, could see them making a move for him. Zub is the only RHD that is guaranteed on our roster next year - One of Sanderson/Chych will play RD and the last spot is up for grabs between JDB, Thomson, Hamonic (maybe). Brannstrom can also play RD but I have a feeling he'll be shipped off for a 3rd liner of the same age.

Haven't seen Gawanke play so not going to act like I know everything about the kid, but on paper looks like he's worth a gamble with a 4th or 5th and I'd be happy to take that gamble.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I mean, he's a very good AHL defenseman, and probably deserving of at least a look in the NHL, not the same style as Kovacevic at all, but in that sense both guys who got caught in the numbers game.

I don't know how he thought signing a 4-year deal in the DEL was going to advance his options, though? :huh: When you get stuck in that kind of spot, unfortunately you just have to keep blowing up the AHL, hope you get a look, hope your waiver eligibility entices somebody to grab you at some point. That might have taken him another year or two. But it's still the more likely route to getting a foot in the door than signing in Germany is? :dunno:
Looks like he was angry he got no chance:

Eishockey: Verteidiger Gawanke schimpft auf NHL-Team Winnipeg

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I mean other than being the product of an unfortunate numbers game, what's the general scouting report? Everything I read screams "worth a shot" but what's he lacking?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I mean other than being the product of an unfortunate numbers game, what's the general scouting report? Everything I read screams "worth a shot" but what's he lacking?
a lot of people on the jets board who watch the moose said he is not good in his own end

Reactions: MardyBum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad