Leon Draisatl - time to prove?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Needs to do it with John Scott and Brandon Manning as his wingers before any of his points count.

Are you kidding? John Scott’s an all star! it only counts if he convinces Biznasty to come out of retirement. :laugh:

Reactions: Regal

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Gretzky is the best and he said few days ago:

"Leon was outstanding from the start when he came to us," said Gretzky, who is now a board member of the Draisaitl Club Edmonton Oilers, the "Sport Bild". The 25-year-old Oilers striker is getting stronger every year and is only so good because he works hard for it every day, said Gretzky. (Google Translation)

nuff said! :D

Sauce: NHL-Legende Gretzky lobt Draisaitl: Wird jedes Jahr stärker

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
Did you look at the data I provided?
It's a breakdown of all his points over the last 20 games where he has been centering line 2. I then included a production bump comparative to another center in the same situation for Powerplay points with 1C included.
It came out to 1.0ppg, which isnt a ad thing. But it brings him to being an 80 point center, not the 100+ point winger he is with McDavid.

I'm really not sure what's so hard to understand. You've provided no evidence or factual data to prove your side of the argument, but just ignore the data put in front of you, because it's not what you want to see.
Would be all well and good but they have not been separated for 20 games it was 14 games since after the Dec 27th Flames game where he has 24 points in 14 games (27 points in 15 so far tonight) so all of your stats are incorrect. I registered just to post this because I was so sick of your misinformation.

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
Except that 's not true at all......

.....40% of his points have come from playing with McDavid.

Who's being willfully ignorant??
You are. Stop believing the other guys stats. They have not been split for 20 games, it was 14. He put 20 because it supported his argument, it is less then 40%. Stop being a sheep and look up your own data.

Reactions: Mortivore and zar

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
Fun stats. Compared the last 20 games for Draisiatl and Lindholm, since they've both been playing the 2C role for the majority of that time frame.

Draisaitl:
11 Goals, 18 Assists, 29 Points - 1.45PPG
Goals = 5 non PP, 6 on the PP
Assists = 12 Non PP, 6 on the PP
Total = 17 non PP points (59%) 12 PP points (41%)
Goals Assisted by McDavid = 5 (45%)
Assists Including McDavid = 6 (33%)
Points Including McDavid = 11 (38%)

Lindholm
7 Goals, 11 Assists, 18 Points - 0.9PPG
Goals = 6 non PP, 1 on the PP
Assists = 5 non PP, 6 on the PP
Total = 11 non PP points (61%), 7 PP points (39%)
Goals Assisted by Monahan = 0 (0%)
Assists Including Monahan = 3 (17%)
Points Including Monahan = 17%

Draisiatl has been proving that he can Center his own line over the last several weeks, there's no doubt about that, but at an "Elite top 5" level is still one heck of a stretch.
Nearly 40% of Draisaitls points still include McDavid. If you pro-rate McDavids impact on Draisaitl to compare to Monahans on Lindholm, it looks like this:

Goals
Non PP = 5 - 1 McDavid Assisted = 4
PP = 6 - 4 McDavid Assisted = 2
Total Goals = 6 * 0% Boost from 1C

Assists
Non PP = 12 - 0 McDavid Assisted = 12
PP = 6 - 6 McDavid Assisted = 0
Total Assists = 12 * 17% boost from 1C = 14

Total = 6 Goals, 14 Assists, 20 Points = 1.0PPG
Nothing to scoff at, but no one is calling Lindholm an Elite top 10 C in the league, even though he produces comparable numbers to Draisaitl when driving his own line.
Fake news. Now do the correct amount of games which is 14 maybe toss in today's game as well while you are at it (you won't)

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
"N-NOOOO, BUT MAH SPREADHSEETS SAID HE'S NOT ELITE"!!!!!11!

qgMQYlq.png

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
You are. Stop believing the other guys stats. They have not been split for 20 games, it was 14. He put 20 because it supported his argument, it is less then 40%. Stop being a sheep and look up your own data.
And saying "from McDavid" is pretty much the same as saying "because of McDavid." If a person still think Draisaitl is a product of McDavid, you aren't watching so why would we care about their opinion. It's the equivalent of me telling you how your day was. I wasn't there so why would my opinion matter?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
His points dont matter when McDavid isnt playing. Other team is distracted by McDavids injury and worrying if hes ok, makes it easier for Leon

Yawn

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017

As an Oilers fan this pass in a vacuum is impressive, but after seeing the amount of blind passes he tries to fling across the ice the past couple of games it kind of just discredits the play as a whole to me.

Still sick as hell don’t get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad