Value of: Leon Draisaitl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Almost as funny as the great Montembeau being the missing piece that wins Oilers the cup.

1716930352526.gif

Montembeault*

Don’t botcher his name Iike that.

No respek

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
There are problem contracts - see Nurse and Campbell - but RNH is the guy that should have been moved. He's really a 3c behind McDavid and Draisaitl. There are teams that would have gladly taken him to be their 2c before this contract. He's locked in though. Took a hometown discount for a full NMC.

Everyone in the league would take a 31 year old Nugent Hopkins for 5 more years at $5.1 AAV.

Man has 221 points in the three seasons since he inked that deal.

Having $14M tied up in two AHL players (and another $2M in James Neal buyout money) is clearly more devastating.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I believe in a hypothetical deal Buffalo makes sense.

Only player off limits would be Dahlin IMO.

I’d see something with a base of
D- Owen Power

PLUS
Choice of 1:
C- Tage Thompsson
C- Dylan Cozens

PLUS
Choice of 1:
Jiri Kulich
Isak Rosen
Noah Ostlund

PLUS
1 1st round pick

*maybe he’d be interested in playing with a countryman like Peterka?

Reactions: bucks_oil

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB

D- Owen Power

PLUS
Choice of 1:
C- Tage Thompsson
C- Dylan Cozens

PLUS
Choice of 1:
Jiri Kulich
Isak Rosen
Noah Ostlund

PLUS
1 1st round pick

Great base, cap probably doesn't work that well. But if you take back Nurse :naughty: as well and the Oilers are going the rebuilding route, I would do that.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

D- Owen Power

PLUS
Choice of 1:
C- Tage Thompsson
C- Dylan Cozens

PLUS
Choice of 1:
Jiri Kulich
Isak Rosen
Noah Ostlund

PLUS
1 1st round pick

If I was Edmonton I'd do that in a heartbeat. Feels like too much though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rs pass

unless Zib w/full nmc can be included, no way to even get started
Drai either does/not come w/extension
If yes, he is worth top top $, but
8 mo yrs-ish as he hits 29/30 likely = 4-5 fab yrs, but then you are playing w/fire if he does/does not break down back half of that contract

top $ for short or mid term could work but NY does not have cap space
If bread waives to play next yr w/Bob in FL, that helps but only puts a dent in cap aerobatics needed

pass

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

D- Owen Power

PLUS
Choice of 1:
C- Tage Thompsson
C- Dylan Cozens

PLUS
Choice of 1:
Jiri Kulich
Isak Rosen
Noah Ostlund

PLUS
1 1st round pick

seems like an overpay from Buffalo IMO. But that is also likely what it would take.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The return for Drai will depend very much on whether he can be extended. No team is going to offer much if they think he's going to bolt for a big U.S. market after a year.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

D- Owen Power

PLUS
Choice of 1:
C- Tage Thompsson
C- Dylan Cozens

PLUS
Choice of 1:
Jiri Kulich
Isak Rosen
Noah Ostlund

PLUS
1 1st round pick

No offense, but if Draisaitl isn't interested in re-signing in Edmonton, I can't imagine he would be interested in re-signing in Buffalo. If he did say, "just trade me, I'm signing somewhere else next summer", I think a deal including Cozens, Power, a 1st and one of those three prospects is probably a deal I would take.

Reactions: Ragdoll

corvetteddd

May 30, 2024
He’s going to get paid like a true #1, he’s never shown he has the capabilities of carrying a team as a true #1C. Lots of red flags with him
Hi, i registered on this site because of your comment. Draisaitl is one of hockey histories absolute best and most complete offensive players. A player shows when we see it, not when he scores certain amount of points or wins something. Draisaitl has also shown his extreme capability over time even in todays open type of hockey. He would be one to show it even in a tighter type of hockey. He was better then Mcdavid before Mcdavid worked up his body, and if Mcdavid hadn't, he wouldn't stand a chance against draisaitl in tight hockey.

He is a complete one man show, a fast big body with skill ( fast legs and eye body cordination in that large body i find amazing ) and we shall not compare him to any "true 1 center". His comparison is Crosby, Mcdavid, Malkin, Lemieux and Gretzky. He in my book is a less skilled but potentially more effective malkin type of player.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
IMHO, Leon is not going anywhere except to the bank, because the Oilers cannot financially afford to lose him as he and McDavid are big draws for gate attendance, merchandise, media ratings, etc. & etc. Leon may sniff around, or even test the trade waters, but at the end of the day nobody is going to give him moneybags anywhere near as heavy as Edmonton.

The question is not whether Leon will be overpaid, but how much he will be overpaid. Ditto McDavid the following season. But good luck building a quality supporting cast with those two overpayments plus the lingering Nurse and Campbell contracts, since even with the cap increase about half the Oilers' cap will be tied up in those four players.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
There would be a damn mutiny if they traded Draisatl.

You play out this year and next year and hope you win something and then you hope he wants to try to win more after that.

I think if you trade Draisatl, then you're doomed to lose McDavid just as soon. He'd call his shots and ask for a trade, and rightly so.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Oilers need a #2 Center and Defenseman help.

What do you got?
Uhh....Draisaitl is their second line center? Has been for years. lol. it's just that sometimes the coach loads up and puts him with McDavid.

Blueline wise, Ekholm coming in has really steadied the ship and allowed Bouchard to take another step. It's just the Nurse contract that's brutal. Ceci gets thrown under the bus as well at times but he's contributed a few goals these playoffs. lol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers say no to every single offer
Depends on how the offseason goes and how close would Draisaitl's camp and Oilers would be for hid next contract.

If he wants 15M x 8 then Oilers might explore a trade.

This cup run has taken away the ' Drai will bolt because he wants to win a cup' theory. He has a good chance of winning one right where he is.

Reactions: TFHockey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Depends on how the offseason goes and how close would Draisaitl's camp and Oilers would be for hid next contract.

If he wants 15M x 8 then Oilers might explore a trade.

This cup run has taken away the ' Drai will bolt because he wants to win a cup' theory. He has a good chance of winning one right where he is.
Brinks truck time. Oilers won’t let him go.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Brinks truck time. Oilers won’t let him go.
It might come down to choosing between Bouchard + a truck load of return vs Draisaitl + decent return for Bouchard.

Would be hard to retain both ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad