Value of: Leon Draisaitl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Draisaitl and Campbell for Saros and Novak.

charlamagne-laughing.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
While i imagine try and extend him,if he says no, whatever the deal is, Edmonton almost certainly loses in the immediate deal.

It's like trading a 100 dollar bill for 75 dollars in stocks. Maybe you get one that hits and you do a bit better, but more than likely you're not getting what you paid.

The reason is simple. In hockey, you can't win with 1 person being the main and only player, so teams aren't going to screw themselves over by paying a ridiculous amount to get him just to be in the same boat as Edmonton.

The truly sad thing is if he says he's not re-signing, then McDavid likely goes, too.
Is it really sad though? Sadder than 11 years of prime mcdavid being wasted via terrible cap and roster management?

I find myself selfishly wanting these 2 to stay in Edmonton but they would have to be out of their minds to re up here.

If you're going to play for a team run by idiots may as well do it where you can golf all year

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Keep Draisitl.

We will trade you Montambeault for Holloway and you will win cup next season.

Then Draisitl resigns with you.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Why would the Oilers not simply trade their 1st (2025) and two 2nds (24 + 26) for a quality RFA instead one of their two top-5 players in the world…
If Draisaitl says he is going UFA no matter what then it is conversation

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
If Draisaitl says he is going UFA no matter what then it is conversation

There are a lot of IFs that have to happen in order to entertain a Drai trade.

IF Drai says he's not coming back
IF the Oilers know what McDavid is doing

So let's play the hypothetical game:

Drai said he's not coming back, McDavid hasn't said anything.
  • The Drai return would have to help them win this season. If the return is simply to dump Nurse or Campbell and downgrade on Draisaitl, it makes no sense. Rather try to win with him and let him walk.
Drai said he's not coming back, McDavid is out too.
  • Trade has to for futures and cap relief. This is where adding a Nurse would make sense but the return would have to be futures/young players only for the return which would limit the number of teams available to make the trade. In this scenario, Oilers can retain on Draisaitl as well.
At the end of the day, unless McDavid says he's not re-signing, I don't see him being traded regardless of his desire to stay or not. You let him play through his last year, hope they find a way to drag the team to a cup and move on.

Reactions: wintersej

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think trading one of the best current playoff performers would be bad for the Oilers.

Bo Horvat + Pulock/Pelech for Draisaitl.

Horvat + Dobson for Draisaitl + Bouchard

I'm not an islander fan just trying to find a team that could pull it off.
Dobson had a hell of a eyar, but so has Bouchard. Seems lateral on the second deal and then you are left with Draisaitl>>>>>>Horvat.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't think anyone acquiring would be looking at it as only 1 year.
Most likely not. Does Edmonton in this scenario allow the Islanders or any other team that he woule go to speak to them on an agreed contract before hand making it a 9 year deal?

If so I imagine more would be added then.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I think if Draisaitl is traded, Nurse, possibly Campbell too, goes with him. No retention.

But the league knows he can walk in a year. So Edmonton's options are limited.
there is no team in the league that will take on those contracts LOL

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Most likely not. Does Edmonton in this scenario allow the Islanders or any other team that he woule go to speak to them on an agreed contract before hand making it a 9 year deal?

If so I imagine more would be added then.
Most GMs would need to sell the deal to ownership. The sell job would be with the plan to re-sign Leon. They would have a rough estimate of what this would take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad