Leon Draisaitl is one of the best playoff performers in NHL history

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Mcdavid actually struggled early on with playoffs like most young players, whereas Draisaitl was putting up big numbers from his first playoff run
McDavid and Leon have both played 60 playoff games. McDavid has 96 points. He's basically right there with him.

Reactions: iCanada

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Mcdavid actually struggled early on with playoffs like most young players, whereas Draisaitl was putting up big numbers from his first playoff run
Mcdavid is 27 has 96 points in 60 games played
Draisailt is 28 has 100 points in 60 games played

Save to say that the ''struggling '' is simply wrong.
Both players are completing eachother perfectly and also had a way better offensive team compared to when they were younger.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Mcdavid is 27 has 96 points in 60 games played
Draisailt is 28 has 100 points in 60 games played

Save to say that the ''struggling '' is simply wrong.
Both players are completing eachother perfectly and also had a way better offensive team compared to when they were younger.
I would say he wasn't as productive his first few playoff seasons but he wasn't terrible either. Def wasn't struggling. But yeah, if he was how he is putting up points now he would be much further ahead of Leon.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Epic number for sure.

Did TGO and Mario have titles by this accomplishment?

Just asking not detracting.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Amazing. What’s that, like 50 games during Lemieux’s time? Or is this where we’re supposed to downplay such impressive totals because they’re happening in present day?

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Amazing player...always great in playoffs.
Has only played one game wit McDavid as linemate before someone is asking and has produced 5v5.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
He elevates his game to McDavid's level (and even higher) once playoffs have started. Generational playoff performer.

Also: Draisaitl ranks first all-time in career playoff even-strength points per hour ever since TOI was officially tracked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud and iCanada

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Funny how my boy Crosby has been able to create depth from wingers even worse than the wrong names you are throwing out to try to excuse Drai's inablity to carry a line on his own.
That's why they had to put McDavid on Draisaitl's line in playoffs this and last year, because Draisaitl wasn't creating any chances and was unable to carry his own line..
oh no, I forgot. It was Draisaitl who was outscoring McDavid and putting up historic numbers without him. It was McDavid who needed Draisaitl in order to get going.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Imagine trying to discredit a crazy stat like that. Are you a hockey fan or just here to hate?

Yeah, it's almost like every other player didn't also have the chance to produce at this rate. They just didn't want to. Or, I'm sure it's gonna show up in this thread sooner rather than later, they were "focusing on playing a winning style of hockey."

Anything you do in the NHL where the company in the top 3 is Gretzky and Lemieux is f***ing amazing. What an amazing player!

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Can someone do the stats for how many times he played on McDavids wing during the playoffs.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Amazing. He and McDavid are money in the playoffs. The separation between the two is minimal if anything. Would be curious who faces the tougher defensive match ups. My guess would be McDavid but I have nothing to qualify that.

Doesn't matter, both are just sick. The real question is - How do the Oiler not have any playoff hardware with two of the greatest playoff performers of all time? What the f*** rest of the Oilers!

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Amazing. He and McDavid are money in the playoffs. The separation between the two is minimal if anything. Would be curious who faces the tougher defensive match ups. My guess would be McDavid but I have nothing to qualify that.

Doesn't matter, both are just sick. The real question is - How do the Oiler not have any playoff hardware with two of the greatest playoff performers of all time? What the f*** rest of the Oilers!
Because this isn't basketball. You can't just rely on 2 players to win a cup.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Because this isn't basketball. You can't just rely on 2 players to win a cup.
Clearly, but it's a pretty f***ing good base to work off of.

In fact only four of the top 20 NHL PTS/G leaders don't have a cup. Thats Gilbert Perreault and Pavel Bure other than McDrai - and they didn't play together.

Having two of the best playoff performers of all time is an advantage that the Oilers should be able to leverage...

Also, I can't find the ERA adjusted stats but I would guess they would be be the 1/2 all time in PTS/G if that were applied.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016

If one is facing the tougher defensive matchup, the other plays the top offensive matchup. Unless you're Florida, those are usually not the same on most teams. Although, playing that Tkachuk line is not an easy matchup for any player.. Teams are so stacked and well constructed at this stage of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad