Prospect Info: Lenni Hämeenaho (#58 Pick - 2nd Round - 2023 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
really liking lenni's playmaking progression. small area attempts attacking D triangles, seam passes in transition, cross ice saucers. lots of diversity here, and hes having way fewer fumbles/coordination issues carrying the puck as well. i always thought (and still do) that he'll make his money being that greasy forechecker who wins battles and parks himself around the net, but this is gonna help him flex all over the lineup. turning into a more expansive offensive threat than i anticipated. exciting

and while it would be unfair not to label his skating a concern, i remain fairly confident it wont hold him back. elite anticipation, knows how to take away lanes early, defensive stick is disruptive, and in terms of his mobility itself hes always moving, good on his edges, quick in small pockets of ice, hard to contain one on one, has some sort of open ice acceleration ability even if hes still not fast. basically doing too many NHL-style things for me to think being an ugly skater can singularly derail his outlook, esp considering that he very well could be paired with some superb skaters in this lineup

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Lenni’s even got JP saying maybe he was wrong to completely write off an 18 year old.

Yeah and if you look at the previous year Holtz was a clear below average skater. He really brought his skating up. I’d also argue Holtz biggest issue was never being given a legit chance. He had really efficient production last year.
and while looking for that last tweet, i conveniently found this one. “Really efficient” might even be an understatement.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Lenni’s even got JP saying maybe he was wrong to completely write off an 18 year old.
His production last year was strong for his age and his production this year is even stronger for his age.

If he somehow keeps this pace up then the guys who like NHLe will either have to think he’s got real potential or thinks he’s an outlier of disastrous proportions.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad