Legends & Legends in Franchise Mode

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
So, being an EASports NHL "old head" (been playing since Sega Genesis and the original NHL 91) I am really enjoying the Legends additions in the game. But, I have a few basic questions...

1. Why are so many must-have Legends missing? No Orr, Esposito, Rocket Richard, Bure, Keon, Lindros, Harvey, Shore, Dryden, Brodeur--and many, many others. It's absolutely amazing to me how the dev team includes so many obscure legends but misses the automatics.

2. Some legends look awful. Some are incredible and perfect looking--Gretzky, Lemieux, Clarke, Robinson, etc. come to mind--but some are just awful. Why have legends in the game and not make them authentic? Or, at the very least, allow face editors all around so the fans can tweak the players to look more realistic. This drives me crazy.

3. Why is legendary equipment limited? Where are the bubble JOFA helmets? Old gloves? Legit, old goalie equipment and masks that you can choose from? Please EA--stop half-stepping.

All of that said, I truly enjoy the Legends aspect and have integrated them into my Toronto Maple Leafs Franchise mode--making a dream team per se. My starting line-up...

LW Andreychuk - C Sundin - RW Matthews
LW Mahovlich - C Tavares - RW Kessel
LW Clark - C Gilmour - RW Marner
LW Domi - C Nieuwendyk - RW Vaive

D Salming - D Horton
D Rielly - D Iafrate
D Phaneuf - D Ramage

G Broda
G Andersen

I did have to go in and edit the players--such as adding the "jersey tuck" to Doug Gilmour, etc. but overall this has been a lot of fun. Hopefully next year EA adds some more of the heavyweight legends without taking any away--and updating some faces while they're at it!

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
The faces and names have to do with the rights of EA to use their name and likeness. Some players aren't contacted, some couldn't care less, and others flatly refuse to have their names and likenesses used.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The faces and names have to do with the rights of EA to use their name and likeness. Some players aren't contacted, some couldn't care less, and others flatly refuse to have their names and likenesses used.

Are you sure about this? This sounds like some "we'll use the LEGAL excuse so we don't need to do all the work" to me. I'm not saying you are making it up--but I think this could be some cop out by EA for being criticized. They had a similar type of nonsensical excuse when fans complained about "not being able to create players without helmets." They said something to the effect of--"legally we cannot do it." Yeah right. If you can make fictitious players from scratch, and can already use "legends" without helmets, how can you "legally" not allow a fan to create their very own player without a helmet? :laugh:

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
Nothing's stoping anyone from creating a player with a similar likeness and same name. I'm talking about HUT, and the player cards. Some players will simply not let EA make money on their likeness. Sometimes it's selfish, and sometimes they just want to be left alone, but EA has to get legal permission to use every player they get.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
how is Matt Barnaby on the Rangers legends team but no Alex Kovalev, Alexander Karpovtsev (RIP), Sergei Zubov, and Sergei Nemchinov on the Rangers, they were the 4 1st russians to ever win the Stanley Cup? the legends roster really needs to be updated with more legends

Reactions: Boxscore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad