Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I like this. Low risk medium to high reward. He had a pretty rough 2023. He also can't seem to stay healthy. But if he can somehow bounce back even a little bit, he's a very good veteran that can pot some goals at a pretty affordable rate.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How is his footspeed these days?

He's never been the fastest, so unlikely he's going to outskate anyone. He's got a strong stride, doesn't mind getting physical and has some good offensive tools.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wonder is he pairs well with JT? Maybe with a Marner on RW to add some defensive conscience?

Not impossible but I suspect it'll be in more of a secondary role to start off. JT needs speed on his wings like Robertson, McMann, Nylander, Marner, etc.

I'd probably put him with Domi and Jarnkrok or Holmberg.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
PTO so who cares, if he still has some game in him, great, but is our new goal to be the oldest team in the NHL?

This reminds me of the old Leafs where we tried to sign star players when they were a few seasons away from retirement.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nic Robertson upon hearing this news after just agreeing to a 1 year deal

banging-head-ouch.gif

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's a PTO but it sounds like a PTO in name only, assuming he stays healthy it sounds like they want to sign him.

There's interest from both sides so there's likely going to be a contract once they figure out the cap but if he struggles or gets injured again, I don't think they are under any obligation to go forward, just like he can sign with any other team if they give him a huge contract for whatever reason.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Wonder what move they're working on. I'm hoping it starts with the most useless player and playoff performer on the team being shipped out and yes I am talking about Jarnkrok

Reaves to the AHL is the solution you just described.

I'd like for more than 1 or 2 forwards on the team to know what the defensive end looks like.

Reactions: The Iceman

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Wonder what move they're working on. I'm hoping it starts with the most useless player and playoff performer on the team being shipped out and yes I am talking about Jarnkrok

Jarnkrok is a PKer and gives goal scoring to the bottom 6. I'd be shocked if his bargain deal is moved. More likely it is someone like Kampf given the options for 4th line C with Dewar, Minten, Holmberg, and players on the Marlies 2.5 is a lot for a 4th line C.

Yes I know Kampf is a main Pker as well but the difference is Jarnkrok is a bargain deal and Kampf isn't

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad