Dreger: Leafs still working to extend Bertuzzi (Not going to happen, Post 74)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Are they doubling down, or?

My honest guess is they either have a deal in principal done with Tanev or know he won't sign there, which has given them confidence they have more money to spend on these guys.

They will target a top 4 RD on top of Tanev if I had to guess, so they probably feel they can get Tanev, UFA D, tandem goalie, Bert and Domi done.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
well better move him fast cause July 1st is tomorrow. im certain big D UFAs arent gonna wait till the marner situation resolves.

Sure. But they wouldn’t trade him until his 7.9 million bonus is paid.

Also. This works with 50k to spare. Might have to nip/tuck. But it’s doable.

IMG_1122.jpeg

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Would love this. Bertuzzi and Domi aren't considered part of the "Run it back squad".

That would include the core. Bertuzzi and Domi were both great for the leafs last year and gave them as different element in their top 6 that we haven't had in a while

Under Berube, both are nice fits

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
I mean, Bertuzzi and Domi were clearly not problems and we need more of those guys so I don't get these comments. The core of the team needs changes, doesn't mean you give up good depth
Right? Need to build around more guys like Domi, Bert, Knies, Cowen etc. And support them with a couple of stars. The core is the issue and what needs a change. Matthews and Nylander now signed long term which is great . Come next year, Tavares and Marners contracts will be off the books. Lots that can be done with that 20 M

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Same contract as domi other gtfo

Hes a worse player then domi
We need more of this in our contract negotiations. You want to be here? We aren't overpaying. If that's what you want then adios

This was Dubas' weakness. Tried to be friends with the players, which is nice in theory, but they walked all over him.

Reactions: hamzarocks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad