Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
One of the reasons I was good with resigning domi was that he was strong on faceoffs

With roberston pushing for a top 6 I hope they look at going Matthews / Domi or nylander / JT down the middle

Then play Robertson on that 2nd line wing

horner

May 22, 2007
I find Holmberg very "meh".

Im hoping the Nylander C experiment works so we can drop Holmberg and start Patches and Robertson.

Leafs will be no.1 in GF this year, that much is obvious.
Keep
Holmberg

Trade
Kampf
Jamkrok

If the Nylander experiment dosnt work we may need to trade Robertson + for a center.

Dickinson
Laughton
Mcbain
Bjugstad
Sillinger

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
That stat they brought up during the Hab game last night, 2nd on the team last year in 5/5 %GF was it? I just remember him scoring whenever he got put back in the lineup. Trend is continuing. His shot is so quick, if he picks the holes, it just goes through goaltenders before they get a chance to set. Have to find a way to get him in the lineup.

Reactions: Sypher04

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Best player in camp three years in a row. What a marginal NHler. Give our man a fighters chance, 16 minutes, 2nd PP time. Keefe mishandled this guy.

This feels like classic Leafs era mismanagement. Everyone but our team will see the potential there, will lose Robertson for pennies on the dollar and watch him be a top 6 winger somewhere else for years while we talk about wishing we had a young goalscoring winger and sign over the hill vets hoping to fill it year to year

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Overall a pretty low IQ player but there’s no denying he can put the puck in the net. Give him a fair chance and long look with offensive players and see what he can do.

If Robertson can remain healthy and pickup some PP time I think his floor is 30 goals.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That stat they brought up during the Hab game last night, 2nd on the team last year in 5/5 %GF was it? I just remember him scoring whenever he got put back in the lineup. Trend is continuing. His shot is so quick, if he picks the holes, it just goes through goaltenders before they get a chance to set. Have to find a way to get him in the lineup.
His last few goals have been along the ice. Sure sign of a natural goal scorer, having that knack for finding the net. It doesn’t always have to be top shelf.

Reactions: Sypher04

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
We know he can score. How did he look without the puck last night?

Because pretty sure Chief is going to judge him based on what does when he doesn't have the puck.

Personally hope we don't give up on the guy for a 35 year old Patches

Reactions: LeafSteel

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This feels like classic Leafs era mismanagement. Everyone but our team will see the potential there, will lose Robertson for pennies on the dollar and watch him be a top 6 winger somewhere else for years while we talk about wishing we had a young goalscoring winger and sign over the hill vets hoping to fill it year to year
I don't think the Leafs will trade Robertson. I expect him to have a very good season, and the team will resign him.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't think the Leafs will trade Robertson. I expect him to have a very good season, and the team will resign him.

Yu. If they were gonna trade him, they would have already done it.

They’ve got a fast, young, energetic player now signed for this year for 875k and with the right usage this year including pp, he very well may score 25-30 goals.

They'd be crazy to move him.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If they were gonna trade him, they would have already done it. They’ve got a fast, young, energetic player now signed for this year for 875k and with the right usage this year including pp, he might score 25-30 goals. They’d be crazy to move him.
As he gets more ice time and finds success with a new coach, he will rescind his trade request.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Overall a pretty low IQ player but there’s no denying he can put the puck in the net. Give him a fair chance and long look with offensive players and see what he can do.

If Robertson can remain healthy and pickup some PP time I think his floor is 30 goals.
I'd like to see him on a line with Marner and JT. He'll get plenty of chances to score, and those guys are strong defensively as well. After seeing how well Matthews and Domi played together, why not just keep that going?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I found it ridiculous that TSNs projected regular season lineup they showed during the 2nd intermission last night had Robertson as a spare forward. Are you kidding me?

I'd like to see him on a line with Marner and JT. He'll get plenty of chances to score, and those guys are strong defensively as well. After seeing how well Matthews and Domi played together, why not just keep that going?

100% agree.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
elite shot Robertson

guy only needs to puck for a second to be a difference maker. he should be in the top-6 all year

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I like Matthews-Domi together but Robertson’s production drops off significantly playing with Tavares and we have a large sample size. I’d prefer these combos

Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Nylander
Tavares-Marner

Or stick Marner with Robertson and Nylander and Tavares can anchor the 3rd line with McMann and Pacioretty

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Only nitpick is I don't believe JT can keep up with either of those wingers, so maybe you throw Nylander in there? Matthews kind of works with anyone, doesn't need Marner stapled to his wing.

JT probably better suited with McMann and Patches. Regardless, Leafs have tons of different options with their top 9.

Yeah if Robertson were squeezing the organization for 3+ million, I'd pack his bags myself. But he's basically on a league minimum contract now which he'll outperform. There's no point in trading Robertson, barring some massive overpay.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like Matthews-Domi together but Robertson’s production drops off significantly playing with Tavares and we have a large sample size. I’d prefer these combos

Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Nylander
Tavares-Marner

Or stick Marner with Robertson and Nylander and Tavares can anchor the 3rd line with McMann and Pacioretty
I wasn't aware of that. I like your idea, we'd just have to put someone who's really good defensively with Nylander/Robertson. Whatever the line combos are, I just want to see Robertson put in a position to succeed as the kid can shoot the puck, we can never score goals in game 7 and we just have to give this guy a chance. And I really, really don't want to see M&M starting the season together again.

Only nitpick is I don't believe JT can keep up with either of those wingers, so maybe you throw Nylander in there? Matthews kind of works with anyone, doesn't need Marner stapled to his wing.

JT probably better suited with McMann and Patches. Regardless, Leafs have tons of different options with their top 9.

Yeah if Robertson were squeezing the organization for 3+ million, I'd pack his bags myself. But he's basically on a league minimum contract now which he'll outperform. There's no point in trading Robertson, barring some massive overpay.
This, this and a thousand times this!

Reactions: Puckstuff

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Yeah he’s made the team.

With that shot, he will score a lot of goals in this league. One of few players who almost always beat goalies one on one. Almost Matthews like in that regard.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Yeah he’s made the team.

With that shot, he will score a lot of goals in this league. One of few players who almost always beat goalies one on one. Almost Matthews like in that regard.
The Leafs have a lot of elite shooters in Matthews, Robertson, Tavares, Nylander etc. I really hope this is the year they can put it all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad