GDT: Leafs @ Sharks 10:30 p.m. TV: ROGERS SPORTNET ONTARIO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpeg

GAMEDAY: Maple Leafs at Sharks
Lance HornbyMore from Lance Hornby

GAMEDAY: Maple Leafs at Sharks

Maple Leafs at Sharks
10:30 p.m. Thursday
SAP Center
TV: ROGERS SPORTNET ONTARIO
RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN

THE BIG MATCH-UP
Erik Karlsson vs. Morgan Rielly
This is the Leafs’ first look at their former Ottawa antagonist, whose 35 points versus Toronto are his most against any opponent. He has not been as productive in San Jose as expected, but an assist on Tuesday in a big win over Nashville broke a seven-game point slump and was the 400th of his career. And Rielly? Oh yeah, he led all NHL defencemen in scoring before Wednesday’s games with 23 points.
KEYS TO THE GAME
SHOOT ’EM UP
The Sharks rank third in the NHL with a 57.5% close-shot attempt percentage, the flip side of what the Leafs faced from a very passive Kings offence on Tuesday. Evander Kane and Timo Meier made San Jose the only team with two players in the league’s top-12 of accurate shots on goal earlier in the week.
READY FOR THE STORM
The Leafs’ power play, feeling good about itself after three goals on Tuesday, will run into the second-best PK group in the league. The Sharks have four short-handed goals, too.
SPLIT DECISION
Leafs coach Mike Babcock didn’t confirm his goalie decision on the coming back-to-back with a day off. But Frederik Andersen’s record against the Sharks (3-8-0-1) and the Friday game against his old pals in Anaheim might be a good time to plug in Garret Sparks. It also shortens Andersen’s wait to play again — in this scenario, he’d suit up again on Monday at home versus Columbus.
FEAR THE BEARD
This is the first meeting of the teams since Nazem Kadri yanked out a thatch of Joe Thornton’s beard in Toronto during a fight last January. Kadri has some extra stubble now that GM Lou Lamoriello is gone, but in any case, Jumbo Joe bears watching with 42 points in 48 games against the Leafs back to his Boston days.
NO GIVE
The Leafs are getting better at handling the puck down low with John Tavares, but are still second-worst in giveaways, while the Sharks are among the stingiest with possession.
LEAFS GAMEDAY LINES
LW C RW
Zach Hyman John Tavares Mitch Marner
Patrick Marleau Nazem Kadri Kasperi Kapanen
Andreas Johnsson Par Lindholm Connor Brown
Tyler Ennis Frederik Gauthier Josh Leivo
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Morgan Rielly Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner Nikita Zaitsev
Travis Dermott I. Ozhiganov/M. Marincin
GOALIES
Frederik Andersen
Garret Sparks
Sick Bay
C Auston Matthews (shoulder)
SHARKS GAMEDAY LINES
LW C RW
Evander Kane Joe Pavelski Joonas Donskoi
Tomas Hertl Logan Couture Timo Meier
Marcus Sorensen Joe Thornton Kevin Labanc
Barclay Goodrow Antti Suomela Melker Karlsson
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Joakim Ryan Brent Burns
Brenden Dillon Erik Karlsson
Marc-Edouard Vlasic Justin Braun
GOALTENDERS
Martin Jones
Aaron Dell
SICK BAY
None
SPECIAL TEAMS
POWER PLAY
Toronto 28.3% (4th)
San Jose 17.7% (19th)
PENALTY KILLING
Toronto 82.7% (8th)
San Jose 88.3% (2nd)

Reactions: LeafChief

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
Right thurr!

I just hope the Leafs bring their A game tonight and not get too Cali chill after an easy win in LA. These Sharks can't be taken lightly.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
These games are too late
Also, when I was a little boy, we used to walk to school 10 km in our bare-feet....through the snow, up-hill both ways

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs always stink against the Sharks. That's okay, we'll beat Anaheim. 2 out of 3 is fine with me on the California trip.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
SJ is the best of the 3 Cali teams so it'll be a test tonight but yeah they always seem to struggle at that arena.

Hope they can pull one out though.

member 262271

The late games are a nice change of pace for me, that being said it will make me stay up too late tonight, ah well.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
A win in the shark tank would be nice, seems like we always lose there.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Hope your boys are wearing masks around town today. The air is terrible here right now. Hoping for a fun one. Always a pleasure to see Patty back home.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
While I like not having to miss the first period because I don't get off work until 4:30 pst, I don't know how you guys can watch hockey so late regularly (7-7:30) with games ending by 10pm. I guess I am just used to a late afternoon/early evening game where I still have time to make dinner after and get the kids to bed without missing any more of the game.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I have a feeling that this is game we'll regret staying up for.

The leafs are going to get out-corsied hard and those types of games are never fun to watch.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Great GDT, although I know Hertl for example isn't playing ice hockey tonight. He is out like a sucka again and stays like that there. This is OURS to take and for patty marleau! We gon swang on them thangs and still hit rock bottom meaning sippin on that syssyrrp or that bourbon thang real badly as we win and then get the dranks. Not before the game of course cause that is not good for a human being, but after only. Exit only like it does say tattoeed on some hockey players rear ends. But they still twerkin ain't saying it like a hater, but only as a leaf lover. :heart: We got this, and I for one will be keeping my both eyes on em, real hard.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Great GDT, although I know Hertl for example isn't playing ice hockey tonight. He is out like a sucka again and stays like that there. This is OURS to take and for patty marleau! We gon swang on them thangs and still hit rock bottom meaning sippin on that syssyrrp or that bourbon thang real badly as we win and then get the dranks. Not before the game of course cause that is not good for a human being, but after only. Exit only like it does say tattoeed on some hockey players rear ends. But they still twerkin ain't saying it like a hater, but only as a leaf lover. :heart: We got this, and I for one will be keeping my both eyes on em, real hard.

I added this into your pregame thread, I wasn't prepared for this, I had cataract surgery yesterday and everything is a bit blurry, thanks for the thumbs up on the GDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad