OT: Leafs Lounge v.130 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
but look at it! Would feel great driving around in that thing.

On a related note, will end up buying my first car next spring ideally. Looking at something like a Golf or a Civic, any similar suggestions?

edit: I also like Mitsubishi vehicles, would love a lancer but figure insurance rates would be higher on something like that

Don't get a Golf. Hatchbacks are lame. Get a 5 speed Jetta TDI, or Passat if you want a bit bigger of a car. Definitely go with a diesel though. The engines are indestructible, no annoying oil changes and your fuel efficiency will be nuts.

I regret not having a diesel or 5 speed. I like my G6, but I find myself slap shifting it everywhere I go because I get bored with automatic. That, and I could be getting a minimum of 300km (probably closer to 400-450 km though) more to a tank if I bought a Jetta.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can if you're older then 21, you'd have to pay a higher fee though.

Maybe from a shady place but none of the actual rent-a-car places (Enterprise, Avis etc) will rent a car out to someone under 25. Liability issues.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm here .. Was in transit on the way up to the cottage this morning

Back at the lake, she's a beauty day out there .. Little hungover from beers with the boys last night

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
but look at it! Would feel great driving around in that thing.

On a related note, will end up buying my first car next spring ideally. Looking at something like a Golf or a Civic, any similar suggestions?

edit: I also like Mitsubishi vehicles, would love a lancer but figure insurance rates would be higher on something like that

Mitsubishi cars with a spoiler look so sexy imo.

Don't buy a mitsubishi. They are reportedly pulling out of NA again by the end of 2014.

They've said several times this year that they are not pulling out.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Maybe from a shady place but none of the actual rent-a-car places (Enterprise, Avis etc) will rent a car out to someone under 25. Liability issues.

Incorrect, sir. In regards to places like Enterprise, most of their locations will not rent out to people age 18-20, however they will rent out to people 21-24 with an added "under 25" fee of around $12 per day.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Incorrect, sir. In regards to places like Enterprise, most of their locations will not rent out to people age 18-20, however they will rent out to people 21-24 with an added "under 25" fee of around $12 per day.

Fair enough. I may have been bamboozled in the past then.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Wishing us 'good morning' during the afternoon makes you the new Kyle.

42365-Wat-pigeon-jvWm.jpeg

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If a couple wants to get divorced, do they have to separate for 1 year or can they skip right to divorce?

Who is eligible to apply for a divorce in Ontario?

You may apply if:

1. you were legally married to your spouse in Canada or any other country;

2. you are already living apart from your spouse with the intention of not getting back together or you plan to permanently separate from your spouse with the belief that there is no possibility of the two of you reconciling or getting back together again; and

3. either you or your spouse have lived in Ontario for at least one year immediately prior to starting the application.

How does the ground of one year separation work?

Since this is a no fault ground, the question of who walked out on whom does not affect the proceeding. Either or both spouses may apply to the court to end the marriage where the couple has lived separate and apart for one year. Living separate and apart does not even require that the spouses take different residences. They can continue to live under the same roof provided they do in fact keep themselves separate and apart from one another.

Are you divorcing someone, LM? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad