OT: Leafs Lounge v.130 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2010
Soo I really suck with computers and tech stuff. But I need a laptop. Any recommendations?
2x now I went into the store and asked t see the 4 cheapest models.

Then I picked from those. Don't waste money on something that will be obsolete in 6 mos.

As long as you aren't playing the online games even the cheap ones come with more crap than you'll use.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Terribad. Been studying all day, and not getting the results I want on my practice tests. :p: How's the cottage life?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Terribad. Been studying all day, and not getting the results I want on my practice tests. :p: How's the cottage life?

.. Damn, not the way to be spending the summer

Cottage life is good, came home for a couple of days though .. Will be back up there for the weekend though .. I fly back to Calgary next Tuesday

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
.. Damn, not the way to be spending the summer

Cottage life is good, came home for a couple of days though .. Will be back up there for the weekend though .. I fly back to Calgary next Tuesday

Yeah, its brutal. But I am trying to do all my studying over the course of 3.5 days a week so I can enjoy my weekends. I have/had 3 ball tourney's in 3 weeks beginning just this past weekend, so I am still enjoying my summer that way.

Missing Calgary at all? :P

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah, its brutal. But I am trying to do all my studying over the course of 3.5 days a week so I can enjoy my weekends. I have/had 3 ball tourney's in 3 weeks beginning just this past weekend, so I am still enjoying my summer that way.

Missing Calgary at all? :P

I am :laugh: Mostly just my girlfriend and my puppy though :P

Enjoying not going into work

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know anything about the Asus intel pentium 987 touchscreen laptop? Not sure thats the name lol but I think it is. It looked sick in the store.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
2x now I went into the store and asked t see the 4 cheapest models.

Then I picked from those. Don't waste money on something that will be obsolete in 6 mos.

As long as you aren't playing the online games even the cheap ones come with more crap than you'll use.

So you say to buy the cheap ones but then say don't waste your money on something that will be obsolete soon. I'm guessing you don't mean the cheap ones will be obsolete soon, but then what are you referring to?

JMcLeaf

Soo I really suck with computers and tech stuff. But I need a laptop. Any recommendations?

Anyone know anything about the Asus intel pentium 987 touchscreen laptop? Not sure thats the name lol but I think it is. It looked sick in the store.

IMO, one of the best thing to do is to look up the various models online and read the reviews and ratings on them. Sometimes the employees at stores write reviews, but they are usually pretty obvious because they are super positive and give 5 stars.

The sales people in the store can help you out sometimes but a lot of the time they will just feed you b.s. to try to get you to buy it so it's definitely wise to do your own research before you buy 1.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
IMO, one of the best thing to do is to look up the various models online and read the reviews and ratings on them. Sometimes the employees at stores write reviews, but they are usually pretty obvious because they are super positive and give 5 stars.

The sales people in the store can help you out sometimes but a lot of the time they will just feed you b.s. to try to get you to buy it so it's definitely wise to do your own research before you buy 1.

Yeah I've been doing that for a bit and will keep doing my research. I never buy anything expensive without doing my research.

Touch screen laptop? Stay far away.

Oh seriously? But it was so cool :laugh:

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Yeah I've been doing that for a bit and will keep doing my research. I never buy anything expensive without doing my research.

Oh seriously? But it was so cool :laugh:

It's cool, but not practical. I wouldn't purchase something like that yet, especially not if it's your first laptop

ZQ4WDz7.png

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Its to bad it didn't work out that you and your woman couldn't go back to Ontario at the same time. She was over here fairly recently, no?

Yeah she was here a few weeks ago .. It does suck, but at the same time it's nice to be just spending time with my dad and family

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem

Don't get a touch screen laptop, just don't :laugh:

What's your price range? You looking to be able to buy it from a store near you or would online be an option for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad