Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I always had a feeling that it would come down to this. Leafs need to slay this dragon. 1st round. Game 7.

This needs to be done if they want to win a cup. Plus it is the Leafs way to be in the most dramatic fashion…wouldnt be surprised with OT either.

I hoped for game 6 from the beginning but i knew it would come down to this.

Reactions: binop7

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
It's not curse, it's culture. Building a culture that caries you in those moments is both painstaking and fleeting. Toronto's culture fails when it absolutely matters.

If you want me to define what culture is in this case, I'll do so via examples. It's taking 2 stupid (one really questionable), careless, high sticking penalties back-to-back, while protecting a third period lead. It's a player not being able to finish a breakaway in overtime, after costing his team all game long with bad penalty and a worse drop pass, that directly led to a goal. It's out playing and out chancing your opponent, significantly, in overtime, but not possessing the class to finish. It's about your MVP caliber centerman, tripping over the red line, with the game on the line. It's about your goalie giving up a "meh" goal, again, to lose the game, while his counterpart, calmly, stands on his head.

Culture means everything. The Leafs have built a culture of losing. They have to find a way, whatever it takes, to build the foundation of a franchise whose culture carries them in key moments, rather than letting them down. I see no other way.
Both were pretty f***ing questionable. One that wasn't even a high stick, and the other Hedman literally hit HIMSELF with Kerfoot's stick because HE was the one trying to do a stick lift.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I stopped looking to the Leafs for personal joy years ago. I love them. Cheer with every ounce I have, but I stopped letting their failures affect me (ok maybe I carry that disappointmen to bed, but not into the next day).

It's not you... if anyone is to blame here it is Harold Ballard... we probably have centuries to pay for his wrongdoings.
If it were just the Leafs I'd agree, but I seem to genuinely curse anything I enjoy lol.
And no, I blame the NHL, they don't need us to win and us losing is actually good for the league, keeps it relevant.

Reactions: wingman75

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You don't have to be here if you don't want to

If you don't want to be a Leafs fan, it should be because of the leafs, not because of the fans
Ill come on here if I choose to okay is that okay with you? and if I choose not to be a fan anymore it will be because of the leafs and fans also help push me away from the sport. when you are as down about your team as I have gotten to and when I express my frustrations and basically get laughed at by fans who hate us for the sake of hating us.... it pisses me off.

I really just dont give a f*** about this league anymore and I will never spend money on anything to help benefit the NHL. complete joke of a league

• Love
Reactions: fahad203 and the

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We apparently shouldn't be engaging anybody. Ever.

Just take out lumps and beg for more.
This reffing has a trickle down effect on the whole series. Our guys have to be extra careful because if we play Tampa's game we do a parade to the box - 2 games this series we've gotten 7+ penalties - completely unprecedented officiating for playoffs.

But their guys dive all over the f***ing place and interfere/hook/slash at will when they're trying to get back into a game.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
lol some of you guys never learn

i don't know how you still fall for this crap

it's not about being unlucky, or being cursed, or choking...

it's about the huge business game 7 will draw on HNIC in Toronto.... it was a go from the start of the series

0-9 in clinching games now... really?? When you flip a coin 9 times, will it ever be tails all 9 times? Never. But somehow for the Leafs it's been tails all 9 times....

......riiiiiight

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
You're stuck with me bud, are you going to be hiking when they lose.. again in game 7? I'll be here bitching about the loss again on Saturday. I have been a Leafs fan my entire life. Are you going to stop apologizing for the Leafs if groundhog day happens again. Or will you continue on your merry way every year until they win a round in 2027? There is nothing hip about blind optimism.

Not everything deserves my optimism. I will be bitter about the fact that my team chokes every year, the exact same way as much as I damn well please.
We're winning Saturday bruh

Reactions: ktownhockey

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
There's a world of difference between losing a hard fought game vs Tampa and double clutching vs Montreal. Playing Montreal was a Charlie Brown field goal, this is a heavyweight fight.
Does it matter if they don't win either?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We need Engvall and Mikheyev to start producing. They had a good regular season and I thought they took that next step but now during the playoffs they haven't really helped out offensively. They have been playing well so I won't take that away from them but hopefully game 7 they chip in offensively.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This reffing has a trickle down effect on the whole series. Our guys have to be extra careful because if we play Tampa's game we do a parade to the box - 2 games this series we've gotten 7+ penalties - completely unprecedented officiating for playoffs.

But their guys dive all over the f***ing place and interfere/hook/slash at will when they're trying to get back into a game.
Exactly.

There is no doubt in my mind that if that Kuch taken out at center in OT we are short handed.

Reactions: AvroArrow

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
They didn't last year or vs CLB. Same with WSH.

This series and Boston were very questionable

Nah MTL and CBJ got away with a lot of crap too. WSH maybe not, but we were also the underdogs so no surprise there.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
There's a world of difference between losing a hard fought game vs Tampa and double clutching vs Montreal. Playing Montreal was a Charlie Brown field goal, this is a heavyweight fight.
But at the end of the day a loss is still a loss so if we lose Saturday this will just be another year added to a futility streak.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
My response was more a sarcastic response to the poster who thought it would be a good idea for the building to collectively boo Kerfoot whenever he touches the puck. Everything you did post there I completely agree with, though.
Oh, sorry, yes that is assanine. Kerfoot was good enough other than the one play. He tends to have too many though... I was more disappointed with Marner to be honest, not that I would boo him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad