Value of: Leafs looking for top 4 rhd, prefer UFA in 2 yrs or less or an upcoming RFA with a low QO

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wonder what Matt Roy would fetch? Kings have Clarke ready to take the next step.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lol. Chiarot hit and fought which is why he was sought after. Also, it was a terrible trade because he was dump in Florida. Savard of several years ago, yes. Savard currently? No
Habs get a first for Savard all day long. He's solid veteran for playoff bound team. Not only Chiarot trade but Savard has returned a first and third before. Habs can retain, we have 13 million in spare caproom.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Is there a Myers joke in here yet? Haven't read it all. If not uhh....Hey what about Myers? RHD? Check! Final year of contract? Check! Top 4? In height!. And the cost? Hoo boy, how aboutta future considerations? Maybe pick one up from Carolina? They like to give them away..

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Every time I see this thread I think the low QO is low IQ...Maybe early stages of dyslexia for me...OP, how about a defenseman with a low IQ instead ?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Seth Jones returned two high 1sts + Boqvist who had just been drafted #8oa. As much as I like Seth Jones, it was a terrible trade for Chicago, but it’s an example.

To be fair that deal could have been anything from
12 + 32 + Boqvist for Jones + 32
To
12 + Bedard + Boqvist for Jones + 32

And that’s pretty much the upper limit considering Jones was seen as an upcoming Norris contender just entering his prime.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
To be fair that deal could have been anything from
12 + 32 + Boqvist for Jones + 32
To
12 + Bedard + Boqvist for Jones + 32

And that’s pretty much the upper limit considering Jones was seen as an upcoming Norris contender just entering his prime.
There was no chance chance of the pick that turned out to be #6 (Jiricek) instead being #32. Every Chicago fan knew that was going to be a top 10 pick, and that we were essentially trading three top ten’s for Jones.

horner

May 22, 2007
So whats out there? Would the Yotes trade Durzi or Dumba?, or the Flames trade Tanev?
As for returns its dollar in for dollar out, we can move Brodie to offset salary. We have prospects like Cowan, Robertson, Minten and picks to include if its a legit top 4 guy on an RFA
Cowan and Minten are not being traded

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What would the Leafs give up for Justin Holl?

31 years old, solid veteran RHD. 2 years left after this one.

Late 1st+mid-round pick if Wings retain some salary?
f*** no. I have nightmares about that guy. My least favourite player to have ever worn the jersey. And by gosh, have we had some doozies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
There's a surplus of teams with defenders that they'll give up, so this should be pretty easy. :confused:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Canadiens will not receive a first round pick for David Savard.
We always did in past. Savard @50% retain is worth a first all day long.

Same as Monahan, get a first for each. Monahan playing his career best hockey. Habs might get an extra first for him. Where he is on dirt cheap contract.

Montreal swimming in extra caproom. Open to taking on bad contract for a first also. If team like Toronto or Edmonton want to move bad contract

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
We always did in past. Savard @50% retain is worth a first all day long.

Same as Monahan, get a first for each. Monahan playing his career best hockey. Habs might get an extra first for him. Where he is on dirt cheap contract.

Montreal swimming in extra caproom. Open to taking on bad contract for a first also. If team like Toronto or Edmonton want to move bad contract

There's an argument for Monahan if he keeps playing how he has but no shot whatsoever Savard is getting a first unless we're also eating a bad contract in return. Chiarot getting one only to do a whole lot of nothing for Florida is very likely why teams won't make that mistake away.

Don't get me wrong, we'll still get good value but getting a 1st is a pipedream barring another desperate GM vastly overvaluing the player they're getting.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad