GDT: Leafs @ Habs -- pre-season game 4 -- 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Xhekaj‘s getting 0 regular season games.

Yeah I’ve no doubt in my mind Xhekaj is gonna get off Scot-Free. As a former enforcer Parros loves this vigilante violence. And it was against a “nobody.” Now if it were a Leaf a tweet would’ve gone out about a hearing before the end of the game, but we all know him and his biases.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
O'Neil talking about Nylander not being able to switch to centre is hilarious when he played centre a bit himself. And he was one of the laziest players in the league.

Also he's played what 4 periods of hockey so far this preseason? After months off. People need to wise up and actually give it a real chance. Everyone wants to call it a failure before it’s even gotten started

Reactions: aingefan

yort2010

Dec 28, 2016
Pare was electric tonight.

Taking the path of least resistance. That was the most gutless, heartless, pathetic display of yellow bellied behaviour I've seen from someone wearing a Leafs uniform yet. If Pare was trying to make an impression he most certainly accomplished that.

Only in the wrong way is all.

In a game with so many fights his was easily the most memorable. Seeing that act of cowardice is something I won't forget any time soon. As a fan I was actually embarassed by it all.

The only thing more embarassing was Montreal's power play.

Try as I might I couldn't figure out what they were attempting to do all night. It didn't look like they any of them had a clue. And maybe that was the whole point of it all.

If you don't know what you're gonna do next the opponent won't either.
you need to grow up a bit

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Twitter is a place where you have freedom to express yourself without consequences. That’s life. You should be able to. Enough of our freedoms have been taken away already. You can still think the poster is a pos.
Even that has limits, though. and posting vile shit like that and not getting at least banned is an issue and only the tip of the iceberg over there.

Please... which of your freedoms has been taken away? Or do you think wearing face masks during a pandemic is an infringement on your civil liberty?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

This was after the contact and Laine's knee is already pushed six inches the wrong way.

His knee should be where his shoulder is.

It's impossible to go shoulder to should when your knee is way in front of your shoulder. It would be dirty in playoffs, pre-season, that's something else

It looked deliberate to me too.

Not an attempt to injure on a dirty play per se. More like a stupid play in attempt to stop Laine or slow him down. The only defense I can come up with is Pare was caught off guard with the speed of some of these NHL players and he panicked and his first instinct was to stick the knee out.

But that's being generous.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Reaves on Xherkaj: If I was on the ice that wouldn't have happened.

...does nothing his next shift.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
It looks like he got caught in a pivot as Laine moved to go inside. Of course his knee moves about 6-8 inches but he didn't stick it out and it didn't seem to be intentional, and all this is happening at game speed.

How many games does Xkehaj get?
i think the penalties and game misconduct are probably enough, but who knows.

Doubt it deters Xhekaj, but if Reaves is out there he will welcome the fight and take care of this business for them. Seems like a lock to start opening night now.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Laine's unfortunate injury is a reminder of the hazards of straight line hockey in non playoff games. Leafs new style will have some risks if they even are effective

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
These are the same f***wits who rioted and claimed it was an Anglo plot against them when their star got suspended for attacking an official. Pepe Le Pew should've been banned for life.

And "end some bloodlines" means to castrate or do such damage to someone's junk that they can't have kids.
Holy crap that’s some low life behaviour to comment that

Thankfully not all habs fan were acting like that, but it’s insane to even see people say that, or what someone posted here saying that they wanted to see Matthews die like amirov. Inhumane ass behaviour

Like those people need to…chill

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Unfortunate situation for Laine, but that was definitely not intentional. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If it’s reported it may get flagged. And it should.

It’s a far cry better than having federal politicians pressure them into censoring the truth.
Right... :rolleyes:

I am not sure what hateful nonsense/flaming or discriminatory rhetoric has to do with "the truth," but perhaps they should look into it; doubtful, though, given how Mr. Musk treats even his own family.

• Haha
Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Xhekaj‘s getting 0 regular season games.
I thought a game misconduct carried an automatic suspension?

As for the game

1st star Dennis Hildebeast solid positioning, excellent rebound control, cool under fire, what's not to like

2nd Star Nick Robertson what a release he has it may be 3rd best on the team

3rd Star everytime you think Conor Timmons is the 8th defenceman he displays some crazy razzle dazzle and puts in a pretty much mistake free performance. Liljegren was steady but as about exciting as day old dishwater

Honourable mentions

Knies was a man toying with boys out there, he is so fast and plays bigger than he is

Grebyonkin showed some flashes of real NHL talent and was maybe, other than Knies and Lorentz the most physical of Leafs forwards

Did the real Easton Cowan finally show up? His confident puck handling and heads up decision making showed that maybe he does belong at this level. His skating is better than average and if he can do all those things with the big boys on the ice, I'd have to say it's goodbye MaxPac!

Going in I didn't think that the lineup would be able to beat that Canadiens lineup in regulation. I thought they would have been outsmarted, out muscled and outplayed, none of those things happened and for a change we also kind of goalied them.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Unfortunate for Laine, but if this happens to one of our guys, the main boards thinks nothing of it.

It has happened to our guys. Habs forget that perry once ran over Tavares

If Perry was a Leafs, he would have been crucified along with our fan base

Reactions: Metroid

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Which of the lightweights would you have had Reavo beat up? Do you actually think anyone of those guys on the red team had the nuts to drop the gloves with him? The only guy who could was already in the shower.

Reactions: fahad203

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
In a game with so many fights his was easily the most memorable. Seeing that act of cowardice is something I won't forget any time soon. As a fan I was actually embarassed by it all.
Are you referring to the "fight" where the Habs heavyweight jumped him from behind and repeatedly punched him in the back of the head?

I know you like to complain about just about everything, but you're schtick is getting a bit ridiculous if that's what it's come too

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Which of the lightweights would you have had Reavo beat up? Do you actually think anyone of those guys on the red team had the nuts to drop the gloves with him? The only guy who could was already in the shower.
It'd be nice for Reavo to not ask for a dance next game just like Xherkaj did last night.

Reactions: fahad203

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad