GDT: Leafs @ Habs -- pre-season game 4 -- 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Unfortunately I missed the game, but did Shaw actually play?
He's not on the Roster Report or Box Score, but without him we only played 7 vets (Benoit, Holmberg, Knies, Lorentz, Myers, A. Nylander, Robertson)
We technically need to have a minimum of 8
Timmins?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Habs are in for a really long season I think. They have a number of guys who aren't what that fanbase thinks they are. Caufield is just straight up over rated and over paid. Dach has talent....but hasn't proven a thing in this league, health or performance wise. Newhook is a 3rd liner being pushed to the 2nd line. Hutson has been hyped to no end and to be completely honest....I don't see it yet, not that he won't get there but I don't think he is going to walk in and win the calder like Hab fans think he will. Going to be another bottom 5 finish I would say.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Some real nasty things being said out there by Habs fans. Important we keep in mind we get it and have a large fanbase as well with a lot of idiots. Makes good people look bad though associating with them through fandom
I've personally never met a Habs fan that would act any different than the ones on Pare's Instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: HockeyVirus

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
So, big year for Robertson? I doubt we can move Kampf. Fire Jarnkrok into the sun. We need to shed about 1 million in salary.
Robertson has to play in the top 6 with a good playmaker that’ll feed him the puck. No doubt he’s got a great shot. He has to make the team given the offensive droughts we tend to have in the playoffs.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Niemela was listed on the lineup card and then didn't play again. What the hell is going on? Why is Berube being such an idiot when it comes to our best defensive prospect? Is he trying to get all of our best young players to request trades?

Xhekaj should be suspended. Insanely dangerous play. Some of these comments from Habs fans are sickening.

Robertson is a beauty. Get this guy a legitimate lineup spot.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I've personally never met a Habs fan that would act any different than the ones on Pare's Instagram.

Can't agree but I am on the east coast and in enemy territory. They are a good bunch with a loud contingent of idiots similar to our fanbase. A lot of casual fans who don't pay attention much but use any excuse to over react and pretend to be a massive fan

Reactions: Roo

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Did you see how far to the side Laine's knee was? If you stop the video at the point of contact and draw a line straight down from both players shoulders, Laine's is sticking out like a foot further than Pare's.
IMG_2936.jpeg

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Shoulder to shoulder contract. No idea why laines leg is way out there. Pare was trying to hit him shoulder to shoulder.

Reactions: Roo

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
It's impossible to go shoulder to should when your knee is way in front of your shoulder. It would be dirty in playoffs, pre-season, that's something else
He was trying to make contact. The bigger issue is that he had his position the whole time. It’s not like Laine beat him to the outside and Pare stuck out his leg to get a piece of him. Laine has his head down and skates into Pare with his leg stuck out. No defender is just going to move out of the way to let him in the zone. It’s a freak incident, not a dirty hit.

I dont think all habs fans are like that...hell these aren't human beings they are just trash tbh.

Hope Laine recovers soon.
We have plenty of our own idiot fans too. The fools always make the rest of us look bad.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I dont think all habs fans are like that...hell these aren't human beings they are just trash tbh.

Hope Laine recovers soon.

For sure. I lived in Montreal for 8 years for work, before moving back to the GTA. Most of them are obviously fine people. Monsters like that make the fanbase look bad tho. Every fanbase has some bad apples but objectively I haven’t seen anything from Leafs fans matching the mocking of a brain cancer tragedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad