GDT: Leafs@Flyers 7PM SNO (8:08 puck drop)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
The only annoying thing is I'm sure they'll still do their pre-game warmup as if the game was starting at 7, then they'll be sitting in the dressing room for an hour.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
But Willie and Mitch getting 20+ minutes and we lose is acceptable ? When Babs answers to the fans, he'll need to buy a ticket to Leaf games.

Lmao. You really can’t see the difference between two of our best offensive talents getting the most minutes when we’re losing and pluggers getting the most minutes?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Lmao. You really can’t see the difference between two of our best offensive talents getting the most minutes when we’re losing and pluggers getting the most minutes?
To be fair Marner hasn't deserved high ice time the last little while. Some really weak defensive plays and plays in the neutral zone.
Nylander on the other hand should get more minutes.

Can someone post some 5vs5 ice time for Leafs players? I feel like the reason Komarov and Hyman get so much ice time is because the Leafs are in the box like 4 times a game it seems while rarely getting more than 2 PPs.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Id love to see just one game of:

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander/Marner
JVR-Bozak-Marner/Nylander
Hyman-Kadri-Brown
Martin-Goat/Moore-Komarov

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
To be fair Marner hasn't deserved high ice time the last little while. Some really weak defensive plays and plays in the neutral zone.
Nylander on the other hand should get more minutes.

Can someone post some 5vs5 ice time for Leafs players? I feel like the reason Komarov and Hyman get so much ice time is because the Leafs are in the box like 4 times a game it seems while rarely getting more than 2 PPs.

Ice time is privilege not a right and it needs to be earned. Willie and Mitch need to stop ice dancing around the perimeter of the ice and go to the net more. Maybe then they will get more ice time.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Lmao. Brown hasn’t been lighting the world on fire but with Kadri and Marleau slumping Like they are...

That whole line is a mess.

But when you give a player 36% OZS, my guess is his primary job isn't to score. That's the situation Leo finds himself in. I said in the PGT last game - we have a $6m 3rd line/shutdown winger and I'm still not sure what was wrong with Leo - Kadri - Brown from last year.

Nobody was hassling Komarov last year (or not as much). Kadri scored 30 and Brown scored 20. What was wrong with that again?

member 262271

That whole line is a mess.

But when you give a player 36% OZS, my guess is his primary job isn't to score. That's the situation Leo finds himself in. I said in the PGT last game - we have a $6m 3rd line/shutdown winger and I'm still not sure what was wrong with Leo - Kadri - Brown from last year.

Nobody was hassling Komarov last year (or not as much). Kadri scored 30 and Brown scored 20. What was wrong with that again?
They scored too many goals, can't have that.

Reactions: dsred

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I see that Flyers top line and I find it so hard to believe that a line of Marleau - Matthews - Marner at some point or even now, wouldn't do even better in terms of offence.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Ice time is privilege not a right and it needs to be earned. Willie and Mitch need to stop ice dancing around the perimeter of the ice and go to the net more. Maybe then they will get more ice time.
Pretty sure I said Marner hasn't been deserving of ice time while Nylander (top scorer on the Leafs for the last while I'm pretty sure) deserve a little more ice time (Matthews line in general does).

Also pretty sure Mitch's role on his line is not to drive to the net all the time. JVR or Bozak are usually already there. I do agree Mitch needs to shoot more if that's what your saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad