Proposal: Leafs-Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
To Toronto-
Miller
Schenn

To Vancouver-
Nylander
Holl
Miller is definitely the better player but Nylander has age on his side. However, If I’m moving Miller I want to rebuild our defense. Not sure why Toronto does this either as they’re in complete win now mode and should be trading picks and prospects to improve the team, ESPECIALLY that awful defense outside of Reilly.
Easy no from the Canucks.

Last edited:

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Canucks fans will say no, and I would pass as a Leafs fan….Nylander is on a good contract and performing well.

Reactions: teddygmr

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id do it if the Leafs add Robertson and a 2023 1st

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Good job OP, this is one of the more even blockbuster proposals I've seen on this site.

I'm not entirely sure that Van would want Nylander as the main piece of a Miller trade, but the value is there.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If we lose Miller, we're not competing, so a rebuild style trade would make sense. Nylander is both less productive and more expensive, and is a mere 3 years younger, and also can't play center, where we are most thin without Miller. This is a clear upgrade for Toronto and a clear downgrade for Vancouver.

Schenn for Holl is also not to our benefit what so ever, aside from age, but even this is offset by his higher cap hit, as we are already limited, which is what is driving all these rumours of the Canucks moving a forward.

I'm glad someone posted a deal without Kerfoot being the centerpoint of the deal and has something that would admittedly hurt to deal for Miller, but this does nothing for the Canucks, and doesn't even commit to either a rebuild or a concerted hockey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad