Proposal: Leafs - Canucks and More

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
To ANYONE
Alexander Kerfoot

To TOR
2nd Round Pick (any year)

To ANYONE
Justin Holl
2023 3rd

To TOR
2022 4th
2022 6th

To ANYONE
Pierre Engvall

To TOR
2023 4th
2022 7th

To VAN
2022 1st Round Pick
Rodion Amirov
2023 4th
2023 5th

To TOR
Connor Garland
2022 3rd (WINNIPEG)

Nylander - Matthews - Marner

Bunting - Tavares - Garland

Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase

Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Semyonov

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Liljegren

Sandin - Dermott

Menell

thoughts? The prices on the ANYONE trades can be negotiated, so long as leafs don’t have to take any cap back.

EDIT I should add this trade only happens in Vancouver decided to actually tear it down instead of retooling, which might not be what they decide to do

Last edited:

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Not enough for Garland. Signed long term, very cap friendly, and is an excellent player. Also we just got him and he is exactly what we need on this team.

IF we traded him, Liljegren + 1st would be a starting point for Van or not interested.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
why not?

tough, willing to play nasty, 25 years old, 0.75ppg average, sub $5 million for 5 years.

that’s perfect for this group going forward.

A 1st round pick and a prospect recently drafted 15th overall is not what I would value Garland at, plain and simple.

Maybe one of those assets and lesser addition on top but the Leafs are mostly fine at wing anyway.

If another team wanted to outbid me in that exact scenario, I would let them have at it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kerfoot will bring a 2nd or a 2 3rds at the draft.

He's having a strong year offensively. We most likely have to move him + 1 of Ritchie/Holl to fit in Campbell's upcoming raise (3.5-4.5M increase I'm expecting).

Holl straight up for a 3rd and a 4th. Helps the Leafs recoup some picks in this year's draft.

Engvall if we deal Holl, I wouldn't trade. Keep him as depth and let him and Ritchie rotate spots on the 4th line

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
A 1st round pick and a prospect recently drafted 15th overall is not what I would value Garland at, plain and simple.

Maybe one of those assets and lesser addition on top but the Leafs are mostly fine at wing anyway.

If another team wanted to outbid me in that exact scenario, I would let them have at it.
Garland was just traded for the 9th overall (basically - I understand there was more to that trade) not speaking to his perceived value, but the Canucks would be pretty stupid to trade a 9th for Garland and then trade him away for a much lower 1st round pick 4 months later. I can understand the hesitance to trade a 1st and a recent 1st round prospect for Garland - but just one of those assets coming back in a Garland deal would be brutal asset management by Vancouver (so its a possibility).

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Garland was just traded for the 9th overall (basically - I understand there was more to that trade) not speaking to his perceived value, but the Canucks would be pretty stupid to trade a 9th for Garland and then trade him away for a much lower 1st round pick 4 months later. I can understand the hesitance to trade a 1st and a recent 1st round prospect for Garland - but just one of those assets coming back in a Garland deal would be brutal asset management by Vancouver (so its a possibility).

Quite a few cap dumps went the other way which kind of necessitated an attractive pick attached to it.

I think the Canucks should keep him, seems like the least of their problems.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
To ANYONE
Alexander Kerfoot

To TOR
2nd Round Pick (any year)

To ANYONE
Justin Holl
2023 3rd

To TOR
2022 4th
2022 6th

To ANYONE
Pierre Engvall

To TOR
2023 4th
2022 7th

To VAN
2022 1st Round Pick
Rodion Amirov
2023 4th
2023 5th

To TOR
Connor Garland
2022 3rd (WINNIPEG)

Nylander - Matthews - Marner

Bunting - Tavares - Garland

Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase

Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Semyonov

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Liljegren

Sandin - Dermott

Menell

thoughts? The prices on the ANYONE trades can be negotiated, so long as leafs don’t have to take any cap back.

EDIT I should add this trade only happens in Vancouver decided to actually tear it down instead of retooling, which might not be what they decide to do

First two are bad for Toronto, second two are bad for the other teams

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Quite a few cap dumps went the other way which kind of necessitated an attractive pick attached to it.

I think the Canucks should keep him, seems like the least of their problems.
Agreed about the cap dumps, but we took on OEL as well so its sort of cap dumps for oel, 9th for garland - but that is definitely over simplified. I also don't think the Canucks should be moving Garland.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
How do we fit Garland under the cap ? Why does Vancouver trade him ? Makes no sense for either side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad