GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Friday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I've seen people 'not make it' by playing hard
But I've never seen a guy literally try to play himself off a team like wtf is his deal tonight
Perfect example of a guy cracking under pressure. A bunch of kids are biting at the heels and he can't rise above it.

Reactions: Redux91

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Owen Beck might be ready. He shoots right. Montreal is weak on the right side. Give him a shot.
He also was getting manhandled quite a bit on the boards. That kind of thing adds up in a full season. That's the real reason why there aren't many 19 year olds in the league. It's not like he's got nothing to prove in the OHL.

Reactions: dinodebino

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As long as we don’t lose Yoel. Yoel is instrumental for the rebuild.

Cant watch the game. What am I missing?
I'm watching and I can't watch. MSL dressed mainly grinders and doesn't have skilled young players like Roy in positions to succeed (i.e. playing with good NHLers). Josh Anderson should be with Newhook and/or RHP, not with Armia.

Beaudin looks like Marc-Andre Bergeron in his own zone and with his passing. Lindstrom looks mobile with a good pass (sometimes) but so far I think something is missing - some strength and steadiness to his game. He's a little too Kyle Clague-ish to me so far. But it's only 1 period.

And Ylonen has been a turnover machine and hasn't taken advantage of openings on offense.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He also was getting manhandled quite a bit on the boards. That kind of thing adds up in a full season. That's the real reason why there aren't many 19 year olds in the league. It's not like he's got nothing to prove in the OHL.

Sure. Give him a shot. Couple games up. If he doesn't step up you send him back to junior. This team has nothing to lose.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Feel sorry pounding on him, but Ylonen playing with Roy is eye opening.
Ylonen is turning into a turnover nightmare, and Roy is showing the opposite, the kid is a takeaway machine.
Probably not a coincidence Marty has them playing on the same line.
But now that's evident, I hope Roy gets at least 1 game with talented players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Feel sorry pounding on him, but Ylonen playing with Roy is eye opening.
Ylonen is turning into a turnover nightmare, and Roy is showing the opposite, the kid is a takeaway machine.
Probably not a coincidence Marty has them playing on the same line.
But now that's evident, I hope Roy gets at least 1 game with talented players.
He looks like the worst player on that line.

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
It is literally the #1 thing I hate the most about Bergevin
That mother f***ing asinine contract.
How do you design a deal like this and not see the guys wheels were falling off at the same time
f*** f*** f***
I wonder where this contract ranks in terms of most un-tradable in the league.

Certainly it's up there.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Bruno Gervais saying Barron may be supplanted by Mailloux, saying he's been better in his own end...

Hmm I like what I've seen from Mailloux, but Barron has been fine, it's more Beaudin who's been all over the place. But you know...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It is literally the #1 thing I hate the most about Bergevin
That mother f***ing asinine contract.
How do you design a deal like this and not see the guys wheels were falling off at the same time
f*** f*** f***
He did the same to some extent with Carey Price. He would rather overpay players for past achievement rather than get young players on longterm deals.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wow lol
Even RDS is saying Gallagher is finished
How the f*** are we gonna get out of that one, damn it
Well with how slow Gallagher is, as rds are pointing out, a 4th line with Gallagher on it might benefit from having Ylonen on the opposite wing over Armia. That might be Ylonen's in. If MSL gives him and Armia a shot on that 4th line, it might prove better with Ylonen on it.

Hmm I like what I've seen from Mailloux, but Barron has been fine, it's more Beaudin who's been all over the place. But you know...
Beaudin has been a train wreck. Reminds of Marc-Andre Bergeron except for the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad