Value of: LEAFS and STARS / LEAFS and KRAKEN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
rationale:

Stars and Kraken likely not going to be in playoff picture (or unlikely)
- either team can then get a Dman under contract for next year at a reasonable rate PLUS additional an additional asset.

For the leafs - they would get the BETTER player in each deal (with the potential possibility of an extension - provided getting rid of a Kerfoot,etc in the off-season)

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
yes I do understand that each of those teams could trade Gio or Klingberg at deadline and get picks/prospects

I was merely pointing out (do they view Robertson) as a first round pick/ready player and the value of Holl - yes I know Holl has been "bad" this year - but, he has proven to be way better and has a great contract,

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Brutal for the Kraken and Stars. Plus wasn't there a rumor that the Stars were resigning Kling?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Would the Leafs accept that package for, say, Muzzin or Brodie in the last year of their contracts? Or in the Stars case, Rielly, prior to him resigning?

Reactions: jfhabs

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What's the point of retaining 50% on the last year of an expiring contract? Is that supposed to sweeten the deal, or what?

Brutal value for Dallas, they can get so much more for Klingberg at the deadline - provided they're out of the race by then and haven't signed him already.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Other teams can get more at the deadline. These two will must certainly create bidding wars. Are the leafs really in a position to be bidding away their first on a high end dman ufa? Is this the year for them to go all in?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Toronto has to add picks on both trades, add even more if you're set on asking for 50% retained.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kraken say no. If we are going to trade our captain, we are going to want someone coming back with a modicum of offensive upside. The current incarnation of Holl isn't an improvement on our D and Mikheyev is just another decent forward without a scoring touch.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Stars send:
John Klingberg (50% retained)

Leafs send:
Justin Holl
Nick Robertson

OR

Kraken send:
Mark Giordano (50% retained)

Leafs Send:
Justin Holl
Ilya Mikheyev
Wonder if a TML fan came up with this garbage? We’re all a littler dumber having read these two proposals.

lock this up for its terribleness.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
Hard no on the Dallas trade.

I dont care how good Klingberg is im not trading away Robertson just so Klingberg can walk at the end of the year. If he came signed then maybe.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I fully expect the Leafs to be buyers come March, and to be in on both these players, but this doesn't do it

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Hard no on the Dallas trade.

I dont care how good Klingberg is im not trading away Robertson just so Klingberg can walk at the end of the year. If he came signed then maybe.
If he were to come signed it would be for 5 Nick Robertson's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad