Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 Oilers 3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Can we finally play Bouchard next game.

We were outshot 24-20. Puck movers isn’t the solution, forwards who can do something in the offensive zone besides fling it around and back to the point are. Saw 9 of our forwards tonight doing that.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Worst thing about tonight:

Leafs will continue to be overrated (by their fans, ours, the media, etc) even though they've sucked absolute ass since the last series against the Oilers. Unbelievable how few penalties the team with the two best forwards in the league draws. f*** Tim Peel, f*** the refs, and f*** this shitty, corrupt league

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
also slow down. that was Drai's fault completely. he tried going for the super sweet outlet pass down the middle when it was clear where it was going because mcdavid started going hard at center all the sudden

I blame McDavid more on that. No idea why he was skating around Toronto's blue line. If he comes back to grab the puck like je should, there's no reason for Drai to make that pass.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
tumblr_ltv2jzfum11r21bjmo1_500.gifv

time to trade for an actual driver on the line since nuge can't do shit and needs somebody else.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Matthews went out of his way to pick him.

Of course it's a "good veteran play" and not a penalty though.

He did. But McDavid can catch the Perv in his sleep. He could have easily gained position on him but was weirdly casual skating back.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Don’t forget that the last 4 games against the Leafs they’ve only taken 2 penalties.

Just donate the Lady Byng to them at this point

They're actually 6th in the league in minor penalties taken this year somehow. Lol.

You wouldn't know it the way they're allowed to just tie sleds to our guys.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I’m not as annoyed as I thought I’d be. Considering how the last three games went, I’m glad the Oilers came away with a point.

They definitely have some holes and we knew that.

RNH and Bear weren’t particularly good today.

Kahun should be played in the bottom 6 or not at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This team needs a driver on the second line. Nuge, Kahun, and Yam as a line is SHIT

Got caved all night. Nuge is incapable against a good opponent in a playoff type matchup. Absolutely bent over. responsible for both GA in 3rd period. Leafs getting the matchups they want and that line is nowhere close to good enough to be seeing top opposition. Nylander makes RNH look absolutely stupid on the tying goal. Nuge outclassed by Nylander 3 times on the shift.

Anybody tell me what Nuge was covering on the 2nd Leafs goal.

Can anybody say Nuge actually looks like a Center on those shifts?

Its like he can't remember if he's a winger or Center half the time.

There goes the game. Totally on 2nd line.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How Marner didn’t get a call for that brutal interference on Kassian or Yamamoto being tripped shortly after I’ll never understand. Of course moments later they tie it.

Game management strikes again. We didn’t play great in the 3rd period but man getting that PP with 5 minutes left could have been a difference maker.

I wonder what the statistical odds of having 1 PP in 3 games against an opponent are?

spider0179

Apr 29, 2017
East Coast Game..
Plenty of time to drink this One away
Leafs are a good team.. With plenty of puck luck

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
All that said, can't be too disappointed, first game off a huge break, definitely some rust showing in the first period.

Got a point to help us in the standings a bit. Sour taste left by how the last 10min and OT went, but overall an ok result.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Another garbage game from Nuge. Such a nothing player, trade him, let him walk, who cares. Any extension is a waste of cap space.

Been saying since his 2nd year.
No show Nuge always expects others to do the heavy lifting.

But posters love him because he's a nice guy and stuff...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad