Value of: Leafs 1st round pick to Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now I don't mind if the Leafs keep their 1st round pick and if they do I want them to draft a center because if Freddy Gauthier is your top center prospect you have a problem.

That said with so many players between the ages of 20-25 on this team, they don't need their 1st round pick this season using it is fine but it's not needed.

Calgary is looking to get one and we know it because Freidman reported it.

Question is what does Calgary offer?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not sure there is a deal to be made unless Calgary is trying to unload one of their top 4 dman not named Hamilton.

they are gonna ask for 1st + Liljegren though or Marner/Nylander (LOL) so I see this going nowhere

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Probably Bennett-related trade happening?
Bennett could be an interesting buy low option for the 3C long term in Toronto. He’s in the age bracket that fits with our current core and a change of scenery might be what he needs to get it going.
If there’s nothing else on the table trade wise for a top 4 D and hunter & co. Aren’t in love with the guys in our range I can see that being a very shanaplanny type of deal to make

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Giordano straight up. It's not like Calgary is going anywhere soon, might aswell try to help him get a cup.

Giordano + Bennett for 1st + 5th

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure there is a deal to be made unless Calgary is trying to unload one of their top 4 dman not named Hamilton.

they are gonna ask for 1st + Liljegren though or Marner/Nylander (LOL) so I see this going nowhere
Since Calgary are the ones without a 1st round pick and want one, how could they be in any position to also for Liljegren or Marner/Nylander if the Leafs were to trade them their 1st round pick for something? It doesn't make sense.

Reactions: pld459666

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Since Calgary are the ones without a 1st round pick and want one, how could they be in any position to also for Liljegren or Marner/Nylander if the Leafs were to trade them their 1st round pick for something? It doesn't make sense.

Unless they make Gaudreau, Monahan, and Tkachuk available.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd think Stone is worth a lone late 1st or a 2nd and 3rd/2nd conditional, Bennett is arguably worth a late 1st if Hartmam gets one if Lazar got a 2nd etc... you'll see Bennett's value be around Domi's if he's traded

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

I thought that was meant as if Toronto wanted Hamilton? Not to sure though, the only pieces i see would be Stone (rhd shutdown guy) or Bennett(lw/c skilled and agitator) worth late 1sts, anybody else really would require plus (es) onto a 1st (23-31) examples are Hamilton, Johnny, Chucky, Monahan, Backlund, Brodie, Giordano etc...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You must still think the leafs are tanking.... that 1st round pick isn't that valuable... (remove Gio and i still dont know if Cgy accepts - P.S. im a neutral fan)

Calgary wouldnt take a 1st + 5th for Bennett?

He has 26pts for the 2nd straight year and isnt that good away from the puck....leafs pick should be 25th or so....the same pick in the bennett draft was pastrnak

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I thought that was meant as if Toronto wanted Hamilton? Not to sure though, the only pieces i see would be Stone (rhd shutdown guy) or Bennett(lw/c skilled and agitator) worth late 1sts, anybody else really would require plus (es) onto a 1st (23-31) examples are Hamilton, Johnny, Chucky, Monahan, Backlund, Brodie, Giordano etc...

Stone isnt worth a 1st. Calgary got him for a 3rd and 5th and he hasnt exactly improved his value since then

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd think Stone is worth a lone late 1st or a 2nd and 3rd/2nd conditional, Bennett is arguably worth a late 1st if Hartmam gets one if Lazar got a 2nd etc... you'll see Bennett's value be around Domi's if he's traded

How so?

The flames got him for a 3rd and 5th..and he was coming off a very good season the year prior.

3rd + 5th, then unload him for 1st / 2nd + 3rd? not likely

Reactions: Weast and Nizdizzle

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Stone isnt worth a 1st. Calgary got him for a 3rd and 5th and he hasnt exactly improved his value since then

Also take into fact Calgary did that while he was only signed for one year (1/4 of it), he's signed for two years and can play 4/5 guy, yet you didn't post what you'd think his value is, hamonic was a year younger and got 1st + 2nd + 2nd, I'm sure Stone with two years remaining gets a late 1st or 2nd + 3rd.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Also take into fact Calgary did that while he was only signed for one year (1/4 of it), he's signed for two years and can play 4/5 guy, yet you didn't post what you'd think his value is, hamonic was a year younger and got 1st + 2nd + 2nd, I'm sure Stone with two years remaining gets a late 1st or 2nd + 3rd.

Hamonic is better than Stone though

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
So Stone with 1 year left was worth a 3rd and 5th and because he's got another year left now that 5th becomes a 1st?

Pass.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am actually kind of surprised at the response of my fellow Leaf fans I did not think this topic would go over well glad to see some open mindedness

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd consider a late 1st for Bennett if Hunter thought he still has potential.
In no world is Stone worth a 1st or two 2nds. He's a bottoming pairing defenseman.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

He has 26pts for the 2nd straight year and isnt that good away from the puck....leafs pick should be 25th or so....the same pick in the bennett draft was pastrnak

Your 1st is going to be pretty late.. The odds are that player will probably be a middle 6 player and will take 2-3 years to develop. The 5th is very unlikely to do much any time soon. They'd be better off holding onto Bennett as he's still very young and could re-ignite his game and reach some potential. He's already a 3C. I personally wouldn't trade him for your 1st and a 5th.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Your 1st is going to be pretty late.. The odds are that player will probably be a middle 6 player and will take 2-3 years to develop. The 5th is very unlikely to do much any time soon. They'd be better off holding onto Bennett as he's still very young and could re-ignite his game and reach some potential. He's already a 3C. I personally wouldn't trade him for your 1st and a 5th.

just dont see Bennett as being more than a fringe 2C/decent 3C

36pts>26pts>26pts ...sounds familiar

Yakupov: 31pts(48 games) >24pts>33pts>23pts.....

would rather the leafs swing for the fences. even a late 1st in hunters hands can turn into a gem. dermott went 34th just a couple years ago after the leafs trade back twice from 24th

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Hamonic >> Stone

Stone as zonas #4dman got a 3rd and 5th

now as a highly paid bottom pairing dman, he would lucky to even get that. a 1st or 2nd+3rd is out to lunch, no offense

I think is someone offered late 2nd + B prospect for Stone calgary would take it in a heartbeat just to save the 3.5

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
A late 1st for Bennett is a fair deal. The leafs do need a long term middle six centre and he would fit the bill.

The leafs are a contender then, so having an 18 year old not being ready for at least 1 1/2 years likely does the team no good when they have a competing window, especially next year with Matthews and Marner still being on their ELCs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

why would we give up ~25 for 26 point Bennett? lets just keep our 1st and add a talented player to the pool who can in 2,3,4 years take the spot of another player who is asking for too much. Keep the cycle going. Is Bennett even a guaranteed C? i thought he was being played at W quite a bit too (maybe that was last season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad