LD Jakub Dvorak - Bili Tygri Liberec, Czech Extraliga (2023, 54th, LAK)

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big left shot defenseman at 6’5 203 that can skate well. He defends pretty well. Don’t like his puck game. I don’t think he has the puck game for anything more than third pair. Reminds me of a taller Libor Hajek. Craig Button was suggesting he’s a first rounder though and I don’t think he’s too different from Lian Bichsel. For me, he’s a second rounder most likely, but I could see NHL teams considering him in the first round.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Button did say first rounder but, agree, seems to be a 2nd to 4th rounder. Hope I'm wrong and more than happy for first round though

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
A heavy and competitive defender. There are practically none in this draft. I can easily see him in the 2nd round.

I have noted several very interesting Czech defenders for the next few years: David Svozil and Dominik Badinka for 2024. Lukas Kachlir is already playing in Czech U17 at 13 (5 September 2009).

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
A heavy and competitive defender. There are practically none in this draft. I can easily see him in the 2nd round.

I have noted several very interesting Czech defenders for the next few years: David Svozil and Dominik Badinka for 2024. Lukas Kachlir is already playing in Czech U17 at 13 (5 September 2009).
And of course Tomáš Galvas;)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Injury!...
Clavicle fracture...
Miss the u20 championship...
:-(
He would've been a 6/7 on this years team so that isn't awful.. eg. if Jiricek, Svozil, Hamara or Spacek go down then we're in trouble. BUT it's his draft year and this can't help at all. Same with Petr... awful luck.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So he played one game, and then in the last two, he again wasnt in the team. Havent seen him even in the Liberec U20 also. Anyone knows whats happening? Is he injured again?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So he played one game, and then in the last two, he again wasnt in the team. Havent seen him even in the Liberec U20 also. Anyone knows whats happening? Is he injured again?
I know, from hokej.cz, he said he wasn't 100% yet.. so maybe that is it? Just guessing though.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Doctors from Liberec explained the situation: an operation on the collarbone was required, and now the recovery process is underway. I don't know the terms of recovery, but the fans suggest that, at best, Dvořák can only recover by the very end of the season.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Doctors from Liberec explained the situation: an operation on the collarbone was required, and now the recovery process is underway. I don't know the terms of recovery, but the fans suggest that, at best, Dvořák can only recover by the very end of the season.
It will be a huge loss for our defense if he is not available for the Championship. He would most certainly be a top choice defender in terms of just defending.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's been very good and looks like a late first rounder to me! He's not a Jiricek or Svozil but he's a Kubina! Big dude who plays well.

Reactions: Realgud

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
He's been very good and looks like a late first rounder to me! He's not a Jiricek or Svozil but he's a Kubina! Big dude who plays well.
Probably be a 3rd rounder. Maybe 2nd if he continues to play well at WCH. Its a shame I agree he could have been a late 1st rounder If he was healthy during the season.

But the draft rank really doesnt matter that much. Look at Svozil. I was so pissed when he was selected "only" in 3rd round, and how does he looks now?

Dvorak has NHL potential and thats what matters.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
In a draft with a lack of physical defender with a minimum level of play, I am more confident about his chances of being selected in the 2nd round. Maybe even before Simashev if Russian factor but I doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad