Speculation: Lazerus: Kaprizov to Chicago in 2026

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
"I was at the draft and I put this in a story, I've heard from so many people — people are affiliated with with teams and people that aren't — that Kirill Kaprizov wants to come to Chicago next year," Lazerus said. "Take it with a grain of salt, this was a year and a half, two years out, a lot can change between now and then. But he wants to win."

If you want Lazerus' direct comments: The Athletic Hockey Show. September 23rd, 2024. It's about 43:30 into the podcast.

Lazerus later Tweeted out that he "Misspoke" on the podcast and said this isn't a "Now" thing, but a possibility down the road.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
"I was at the draft and I put this in a story, I've heard from so many people — people are affiliated with with teams and people that aren't — that Kirill Kaprizov wants to come to Chicago next year," Lazerus said. "Take it with a grain of salt, this was a year and a half, two years out, a lot can change between now and then. But he wants to win."

If you want Lazerus' direct comments: The Athletic Hockey Show. September 23rd, 2024. It's about 43:30 into the podcast.

Take it with a grain of salt, this was a year and a half, two years out, a lot can change between now and then. But he wants to win."

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022

I get Chicago has some good pieces moving forward, but it wouldn't exactly be the place I would want to go to if I wanted to win

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Wouldn’t cost them anything.
Well he's got two years left. Unless I'm reading it wrong, would he ultimately want to go not next year but the year after?

Edit: I guess at the end he said it's for down the road, so yeah I guess it's for when his deal is up.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well he's got two years left. Unless I'm reading it wrong, would he ultimately want to go not next year but the year after?

Edit: I guess at the end he said it's for down the road, so yeah I guess it's for when his deal is up.
Yeah the entire premise is he signs there as a UFA after next season

Reactions: TheBeard

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
A team with prime Bedard is going to attract a lot of high profile UFA's. Not really surprising. Doesn't mean he'd actually sign there - but it sure makes sense it would be one of the cities he might consider if he ever became UFA.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Playing with Bedard + another 1 or 2 top picks by then + Hawks prospect pool + living in Chicago. I could see the appeal for him in 2 years as a UFA.

Reactions: waitin425

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad