Proposal: Lauzon to STL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
With the impending D crunch coming in Seattle, what would the cost of him going to the Blues be?

St. Louis needs to upgrade the 3LD spot, especially since Walman is having a ROUGH camp so far. I also like Lauzon’s ability to play on the PK, and his physical style. Both are attributes for what we need back there.

People can, and probably will, mention Perunovich and how great he’s looked..but I think it’s in his best interests to get top line minutes in Springfield. Not sheltered minutes when he hasn’t played an official game since pre-COVID.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The word on Francis is that if you want to trade with him, you gotta overpay.

I think they plan to carry 8 defensemen so there's no crunch:
  • Giordano
  • Oleksiak
  • Larsson
  • Dunn
  • Soucy
  • Fleury
  • Borgen
  • Lauzon
Guys who will be waived:
Cholowski
Carrick
Cale Fleury

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
With the impending D crunch coming in Seattle, what would the cost of him going to the Blues be?

St. Louis needs to upgrade the 3LD spot, especially since Walman is having a ROUGH camp so far. I also like Lauzon’s ability to play on the PK, and his physical style. Both are attributes for what we need back there.

People can, and probably will, mention Perunovich and how great he’s looked..but I think it’s in his best interests to get top line minutes in Springfield. Not sheltered minutes when he hasn’t played an official game since pre-COVID.
not sure how this trade would work out with STL being a cap team. would have to send somebody back that makes a decent chunk of change and that doesn't seem to be something that Francis is interested in.
I'm not even sure who that player would be

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hope he makes his way back to Boston . Sweeney screwed up when he did not work something out with Seattle so they could have kept him .

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I hope he makes his way back to Boston . Sweeney screwed up when he did not work something out with Seattle so they could have kept him .

Rumor is they were asking way too much. Wasn't worth giving up a big asset just to keep Lauzon.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
We need a bigger upgrade than Lauzon for the left side, imo, and thats even if Perunovich makes the team.

Blues LD depth

Krug
Scandella
Mikkola
Perunovich

If I’m making a move for a LD, I’m making a blockbuster deal for a shut down #1 LD with size and physicality. Who that is, I have no idea.

I’m on the same page with acquiring a #1 LHD. However, we won’t be able to do that unless Tarasenko is involved, or in a separate deal. I’d also assume Scandella would have to go the other way in said deal for cap reasons.

This would just be Army’s first move to vastly improve the D.

My ideal situation with that in mind is

TBA/Krug-Parayko
Krug/TBA-Faulk
Lauzon-Mikkola/Bortuzzo

with Perunovich, Walman(if he clears), Santini, and Rosen as depth in Springfield.

After the way last year played out, we need all the depth we can get lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Liut

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If the price was reasonable, Boston would have paid it. So tip of the hat to the Blues if they want to overpay for a bottom pair D to #7D with 2nd pair upside.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I would hate to see Lauzon in such a slimey, dirty, disgusting set of jerseys. Seeing Krug in them already pains me enough.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I would hate to see Lauzon in such a slimey, dirty, disgusting set of jerseys. Seeing Krug in them already pains me enough.
674DA16D-D5A0-4FF6-A53B-7306489474AE.jpeg

still hurt huh buddy?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Lauzon makes $900K
aren't the Blues like 15k under right now? I did think he made more than that tho (~2m-ish)

Sanford for him mighta made sense, but that ship has sailed. other than that, Barby might interest them,but I've no interest in trading him... or sunny for that matter. not sure what would work for both teams

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
aren't the Blues like 15k under right now? I did think he made more than that tho (~2m-ish)

Sanford for him mighta made sense, but that ship has sailed. other than that, Barby might interest them,but I've no interest in trading him... or sunny for that matter. not sure what would work for both teams

Rolling out a group of 23 including
14 F-
O’Reilly, Perron, Tarasenko, Schenn, Buchnevich, Saad, Kyrou, Thomas, Bozak, Sundqvist, Barbashev, Kostin, and 2 of Neal/Brown/Joshua

7 D-
Parayko, Krug, Faulk, Scandella, Lauzon, Mikkola, Bortuzzo

2 G-
Binnington, Husso

We’d have $142K in cap space with this roster.

If Kostin gets sent down and it’s Clifford instead, we’d have $6K in space lol.

Also, I was wrong above. He makes $850K.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Rolling out a group of 23 including
14 F-
O’Reilly, Perron, Tarasenko, Schenn, Buchnevich, Saad, Kyrou, Thomas, Bozak, Sundqvist, Barbashev, Kostin, and 2 of Neal/Brown/Joshua

7 D-
Parayko, Krug, Faulk, Scandella, Lauzon, Mikkola, Bortuzzo

2 G-
Binnington, Husso

We’d have $142K in cap space with this roster.

If Kostin gets sent down and it’s Clifford instead, we’d have $6K in space lol.

Also, I was wrong above. He makes $850K.
so who do ya send to SEATTLE for Lauzon? am I missing a name?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I could see the ask being a 2nd and Kostin, a 2nd and Neighbors, or Perunovich straight up. Whatever it would be, it would be punitive against the Blues and wouldn't be something they would do.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Pass. We have plenty of 6/7 d. He doesn’t move needle at all.

and not sure why so many are so eager to send down Perunovich. He’s already 23. He’s ready. He needs to learn how to defend best in world, not minor leaguers. How many AHL games did Fox play? Hughes? Makar?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Why do we need Lauzon?

We have scandella, Mikkola, Parayko, Faulk, bortuzzo who all kill penalties and Krug if he has to fill in.

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Fauk
Perunovich- Bortz/Mikkola

if we need an upgrade it’s 1st pair LHD

If we had an Adam pelech type we’d be in business

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Jeremy Lauzon's been very impressive on the Seattle blueline. Look for him to have a breakthrough campaign. Bruins screwed up real bad in letting Lauzon go. He won't come cheap and shouldn't, if he's available at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad