Post-Game Talk: Latvia vs Canada | Wed. Feb. 20th, 2014 | 12:00 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They should make this Latvian goalie the player of the game for both teams.... unreal

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Gotta give it to Canada, they really do make winning painful.

Going to be tough as hell against the US if this team's forwards can't figure out how to score.

mikebel111*

Canada wins. That was tough but have to applaud latvia and goalie. Great effort.
Here we come US!!

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Our forwards are ATROCIOUS.

Complete garbage.

We have WAY to many individual players, we need to play as a ****ing team, and score goals.

Canada played great today, but christ we cant keep blaming this on hot goaltenders.

Rask was one thing, but this latvian goaltender is young and playing in the ECHL. We should have lit him up.

I am very very very worried.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Complete garbage.

We have WAY to many individual players, we need to play as a ****ing team, and score goals.

Canada played great today, but christ we cant keep blaming this on hot goaltenders.

Rask was one thing, but this latvian goaltender is young and playing in the ECHL. We should have lit him up.

I don't think they will get by the USA. The USA just seem to have more chemistry.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hate to say it, but I think we're going to be playing for the bronze medal. I hope I'm wrong.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't think they will get by the USA. The USA just seem to have more chemistry.

Any chemistry would be more. Canada has none and just brute-forced their way to the success they've had with pure talent.

Not going to cut it against the Americans. I expect a blowout unless we can get a line or two going... like... right now. Pretty discouraging that we have by far the best roster of hockey players in the tournament, but they can't figure out how to play hockey.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc

Kristers Gudļevskis is a Latvian ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing with the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL. Gudlevskis was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 5th round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

But, your point is still valid...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, don't think we will beat the Americans... not the way they are playing

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
man that was a stressful game to watch.

i doubt we'll make it past USA. they are playing lights out atm. sigh...

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
People need to realize, sports math never works. USA vs Canada will be a 1 goal game again. Probably 3-2 game, by who? I don't know but USA wont run away with it, and neither will Canada. Canada shows up, just relax people

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Complete garbage.

Gudlevskis made ~60 saves. That was the performance of a lifetime.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
At the end of the day, it's job done.

I think you will see a different team entirely against the USA. They definitely have more chemistry across their lines. But this is like international tournaments of all sports. The top teams rarely go through firing on all cylinders. But when the big game comes, they get it done.

I wont be surprised at all if Canada beats USA. I think the big names will step up then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad