GDT: Las Vegas Expansion Draft/Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Early this morning Bobby Mac had a big string of tweets

Some Lebrun

Tonight and coming days should be absolute fun ,, Glad I took some days off from work to watch this unfold (I always watch draft every year ,, Love it)

Expansion draft makes this years offseason/draft far more entertaining

cheering_minions.gif

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Apparently acquired rights to Nikita Gusev. Would like to see Stan inquire about possible flip.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Raphaël Doucet @raphdoucet
26m
De source sûre, je peux confirmer que le joueur des @StLouisBlues choisir par les @GoldenKnights est David Perron.

Google translate says

From reliable source, I can confirm that the player of @StLouisBlues to choose from @GoldenKnights is David Perron.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Raphaël Doucet @raphdoucet
26m
De source sûre, je peux confirmer que le joueur des @StLouisBlues choisir par les @GoldenKnights est David Perron.

Google translate says

From reliable source, I can confirm that the player of @StLouisBlues to choose from @GoldenKnights is David Perron.

Perron was solid last year and found some of his game back after some struggles in recent years

But man was he god awful in playoffs

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
vegas will end up with some good young players/prospects. Wonder if ville pokka will be one of them

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would they want a failing prospect in Pokka who cant skate? TVR is going to be picked unless Hawks work out deal to prevent them from taking TVR

^
Figures the NHL would find way to take fun out of this

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
2m
Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days...

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
The next couple of days are going to be a gong show. Gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Might be the first time in years I watch the NHL Awards!

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Why would they want a failing prospect in Pokka who cant skate? TVR is going to be picked unless Hawks work out deal to prevent them from taking TVR

^
Figures the NHL would find way to take fun out of this

was saying he may be included in kruger deal. if there is a kruger deal still..we in fact have no idea whats going on.

Pokka had 45 poitns in 70 games. doesnt seem like he was too bad offensivley and was a solid prospect less then a year ago. I havent watched much rockford and dont respect your opinions on players.

Elephant Igloo

Jan 11, 2017
It's really irritating to hear people talk about what a genius George McPhee is for "masterminding" this process. Dude's been set up to succeed like no other expansion GM because the league is obsessed with Las Vegas. He was a blithering idiot with Washington and will continue to be a blithering idiot when his job moves beyond being uniquely empowered to pick off everyone else's teams.

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
It's really irritating to hear people talk about what a genius George McPhee is for "masterminding" this process. Dude's been set up to succeed like no other expansion GM because the league is obsessed with Las Vegas. He was a blithering idiot with Washington and will continue to be a blithering idiot when his job moves beyond being uniquely empowered to pick off everyone else's teams.

Can't really argue with much of this. This has to be the best expansion process for an expansion team in North American pro sports than I can remember.

As far as expansion drafts are concerned, he basically got dealt suited Queen Jack as opposed to other expansion teams in the past getting 2/7 off suit.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I should have known based on the fact that he actually valued TVR.... but good lord, Mcphee is a moron. Passing up so many good players in this draft.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Well, its easy to heap praise now when we don't know what the deals are yet. We'll see when all is said and done. I wouldn't be too fond of some of these rumored deals if I was a fan. Plus HF has always overvalued draft picks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How does LV walk away with none of the best players exposed :laugh:

If Martin Erat a UFA atm? Perhaps McPhee can put him on that tire fire team.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Vegas might lose more games next year than Colorado did this year.

I mean, it might be the more optimal play to build from the ground up and be bad for a while, but I imagine the appeal of the team will flair out after 20 games when people realize the team will be trash for at least 3-5 years.

How did they pass up on the NHL talent they did for futures.

I just don't get it. You take the cost controlled Vatanen/Manson, Dumba/Scandella, Nelson/Strome, etc all day.

They have no pieces to build around. If McPhee misses on some picks then they'll be bad for a long time.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I should have known based on the fact that he actually valued TVR.... but good lord, Mcphee is a moron. Passing up so many good players in this draft.

Actually, it's a smart move.

TvR as a 3rd pairing RHD, if traded, could fetch a draft pick (say a 3rd rounder)

Kruger, if acquired, probably wouldn't fetch much of anything in a trade, and possibly would have to have something packaged with him if you are trading him.

If you look at the way this Vegas team is being constructed, it is with an eye on the future, not PKing next year, or shutting down the ops best on a nightly basis.

If there was no cap, and Vegas was building a team for now, then you could make that argument.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You don't think Kruger would fetch at least a 3rd with money retained? Jurco fetched a 3rd.

He would absolutely fetch a 3rd @ 50% retained, possibly a 2nd given a more prominent role in LV with consistent PP/PK time.

Not to say I take him over TVR. Just saying, Kruger will absolutely have value during the next 2 TDL's.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Emelin , Reinhart , Sbisa and Bellemare reportedly to be picked

McPhee is screwing up ,, Some really awful picks (Emelin is trash at this point and Reinhart is busting hard)

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
So if the reports are true of the Wild sending a D-Man here, what are the chances it could be Dumba?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You don't think Kruger would fetch at least a 3rd with money retained? Jurco fetched a 3rd.

He would absolutely fetch a 3rd @ 50% retained, possibly a 2nd given a more prominent role in LV with consistent PP/PK time.

Not to say I take him over TVR. Just saying, Kruger will absolutely have value during the next 2 TDL's.

Yeah, but then Vegas has to pay 1.5mil for not having a player there to get the same pick back. (in this scenario)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad