Value of: Lars Eller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Veteran 3C with a cup ring, probably the most consistent non-Crosby player on the Penguins last year, scored at a 30+ point pace despite inconsistent (and often terrible) wingers

Available due to the logjam at center the Glass/Hayes trades created and given the Pens are in a retool and he's UFA with younger players in need of opportunity

Ask would probably be a 2nd plus a sweetener at the deadline, ideal trade now would probably be for a younger wing with middle six upside or LD prospect from a team trying to win now to help with the retool, for example a Kaliyev from LA

What's your team's best offer? Pens can retain 50%

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Right now, I would value him at a 3rd but would gladly take a 4th.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
50% retained at the deadline I think a 2nd is the ask
Pens only have 1 retention spot left. I’d have to think Pettersson at 50% at the deadline would garner a much better return than Eller so I’m not sure we will retain on him unless it brokered through another team.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Pens only have 1 retention spot left. I’d have to think Pettersson at 50% at the deadline would garner a much better return than Eller so I’m not sure we will retain on him unless it brokered through another team.
I think Pettersson gets resigned

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Dubas has spent all summer adding picks. We’re no longer in the business of locking guys up over the age of like 24.

It would be stupid of Dubas to keep Pettersson. So you’re probably correct.
They're trying to retool as opposed to rebuild

If you're trying to be competitive again before Crosby retires you resign the 28 year old that has proven chemistry with both of your top defensemen when you have exactly one (1) decent prospect coming at LD

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Eller for Nick Robertson. Dubas drafted winger, capable of 20 + 20 easily, if put in a position to succeed, and some PP time.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
3rd with no retention seems like a safe bet. I think it's possible he can pull off a 2nd at the deadline if he's having a strong year, but I think a 3rd is by far most likely.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
3rd with no retention seems like a safe bet. I think it's possible he can pull off a 2nd at the deadline if he's having a strong year, but I think a 3rd is by far most likely.
And even though I quite like the player, given our logjam I'd rather move him for a third now to free up a spot for a development guy, vs holding out for deadline value later. We need to find out what we have in Ponomarev, Poulin, Glass, Lizotte etc.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I can see a Robertson and Timmons+ swap for Eller + at the end of training camp. makes sense from both sides

Robertson + Kampf for Eller and say a 3rd + a 5th would be an interesting trade. Eller is an upgrade on Kampf and frees up cap for the Leafs next year. Robertson fills the younger player plan for the Pens.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
What are Robertson's contract demands like? Otherwise it wouldn't work cap wise on top of the Penguins having no use for Timmons.
I am sure 1.5 mil bridge deal would get it done. I don't think his reason for not signing is money as much as it is dissatisfaction over his development. Timmons is purely a cap dump and the fact he is a former Soo Grey Hound. You will need to get use to Dubas aquiring them when ever possible.

Robertson + Kampf for Eller and say a 3rd + a 5th would be an interesting trade. Eller is an upgrade on Kampf and frees up cap for the Leafs next year. Robertson fills the younger player plan for the Pens.
Not sure why Leaf fans want to dump Kampf. As a 4 C his faceoff, Defensive ability and Pk ability is valuable. Sure he is over paid by about 800k but he provides a lot of value. He also plays a pretty heavy game for a center and it does translate well in the playoffs. Look at his stats beyond the standard box car stats.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Kampf makes no sense for PIT.

Timmins would. Gives them a RHD insurance.

What are Robertson's contract demands like? Otherwise it wouldn't work cap wise on top of the Penguins having no use for Timmons.

Penguins have no RHD after St. Ivany.

Timmins would make a ton of sense. Honestly Eller for Timmins and a 3rd makes sense.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Would definitely have interest in Robertson or Timmins but I think adding Kampf defeats the purpose of moving Eller, opening spots up for younger guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad