Value of: Lankinen to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From Seravalli:

Primary Objective: Backup goaltender

Briefing: Sidney Crosby’s squad is solid down the middle, they have enough depth scoring, and they are well-built for playoff hockey on the backend. If there’s one position requiring an upgrade, though, its backup goaltender – where Casey DeSmith has left a lot to be desired with an .892 save percentage this season. All-Star Tristan Jarry has been lights out. But that backup spot could be incredibly important insurance, in case of injury – or if Jarry somehow hits a mental block and melts down again in May. While some Pens fans have clamored for a reunion with Marc-Andre Fleury, another Blackhawks netminder might be more their speed: Kevin Lankinen, or someone of his ilk, with a similar cap and acquisition cost. Other than that, don’t expect a whole lot from Pittsburgh, because the Penguins aren’t going to be swinging big this deadline to expend future assets to bolster an in-flux core for short-term gratification. And they don’t have the cap space to do it, anyway.

Pieces potentially in play: Zach Aston-Reese, Casey DeSmith, Late-round pick

Seravalli: Trade Deadline War Room - Metropolitan Division Objectives - Daily Faceoff

What would be the cost to get him?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Isn't Lankinen suppose to be Chicago's starter? He had a decent year last year...what happened to him?

Reactions: YP44

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Lankinen would probably cost Pittsburgh a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He is extremely solid and with a decent defense he can be a team's starter lots of promise in his future

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lankinen for ZAR + DeSmith + 5th?

Or let's take it a step further:

Kubalik+Lankinen for ZAR + Desmith + Kapanen + Nylander

ZAR bolsters the bottom 6
Desmith backs you up until the end of the year
Kapanen replaces Kubalik for cheaper
You get Nylander back or this can be subbed with a late round pick

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
If we're keeping Flower, than a 2nd is plenty for Lankinen.

But we can't be trading both guys away, obviously.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Lankinen for ZAR + DeSmith + 5th?

Or let's take it a step further:

Kubalik+Lankinen for ZAR + Desmith + Kapanen + Nylander

ZAR bolsters the bottom 6
Desmith backs you up until the end of the year
Kapanen replaces Kubalik for cheaper
You get Nylander back or this can be subbed with a late round pick

The second deal I’m in. Keep Nylander even though I’m a fan. Take a late round pick instead

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Yes we can trade both
Obviously we'd probably be getting some goalie back if we traded either away, but I don't know that the org wants to run backup level goalies and Soderblom as their goalies for next year, no matter how much they wanna tank.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Obviously we'd probably be getting some goalie back if we traded either away, but I don't know that the org wants to run backup level goalies and Soderblom as their goalies for next year, no matter how much they wanna tank.

That’s only if they re-sign lanks. He’s unrestricted at the end of this year

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lankinen is playing worse than DeSmith. Why do you want Lankinen?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why is that?

Always like kap and while I’m a big fan of Kubalik personally I’m not sure the hawks organization likes him that much.

That sounds like Kapanen on the Penguins, so that may actually be a reasonable basis for a trade then.

I kinda figured Hawks fans wouldn't be crazy about the swap because Kubalik's upside is higher than Kapanen's upside, but then again, Kapanen's all around game is better too.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
That sounds like Kapanen on the Penguins, so that may actually be a reasonable basis for a trade then.

I kinda figured Hawks fans wouldn't be crazy about the swap because Kubalik's upside is higher than Kapanen's upside, but then again, Kapanen's all around game is better too.

Some might not be but I’ve always been a fan of kap. Seems like a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad