Value of: Landeskog for Killorn plus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
DISCLAIMER - I'm not a Tampa or Colorado fan.

I read somewhere last month that Colorado may or may not be putting Landeskog on their trade block.

I feel that the Lightning want to win badly and will be going all-in (except for trading Bishop away). I also feel that Landeskog would be a great fit, assuming Drouin can play C or RW.

Colorado would probably ask for a left D.

Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Landeskog - Drouin - Stamkos
Filppula - Namestnikov - Callahan
or
Landeskog - Stamkos - Drouin

SO...

What does it take?

Killorn + Koekkoek?
Killorn + Nesterov + 2nd/Erne?
Less? More?

IF the Avalanche prefer Filppula over Soderberg then both could possibly be added into the deal to give Colorado more value. Not sure that's the case though.

Thoughts?

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
DISCLAIMER - I'm not a Tampa or Colorado fan.

I read somewhere last month that Colorado may or may not be putting Landeskog on their trade block.

I feel that the Lightning want to win badly and will be going all-in (except for trading Bishop away). I also feel that Landeskog would be a great fit, assuming Drouin can play C or RW.

Colorado would probably ask for a left D.

Landeskog - Drouin - Stamkos
or
Landeskog - Stamkos - Drouin

SO...

What does it take?

Killorn + Koekkoek?
Killorn + Nesterov + 2nd/Erne?
Less? More?

IF the Avalanche prefer Filppula over Soderberg then both could possibly be added into the deal to give Colorado more value. Not sure that's the case though.

Thoughts?

Young top 4 D with #1 potential. No less. Certainly not Killorn+.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
They want D. The asking price from Ana was Lindholm, which they declined, but the rumors surround him, or Trouba mostly.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Young top 4 D with #1 potential. No less. Certainly not Killorn+.
You know there's only about 12 of those in the league and one of them just got traded straight up for Taylor Hall right? Maybe 16-20 if you wanna get liberal with the phrase "#1 potential".

That may be what it takes to trade him but nobody will give Sakic/Roy that value. Perhaps they're just doing their due dilligence to see if any teams will pay up.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, highly doubt landeskog goes for that. Guy is a horse and the capitan of the team; doubt avs would do anything less than Ristolainen or lindholm... of which neither is likely.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Filppula and value don't belong in the same sentence

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You know there's only about 12 of those in the league and one of them just got traded straight up for Taylor Hall right? Maybe 16-20 if you wanna get liberal with the phrase "#1 potential".

That may be what it takes to trade him but nobody will give Sakic/Roy that value. Perhaps they're just doing their due dilligence to see if any teams will pay up.

That's most likely the case. I doubt he is truly available. I could see them settling for a tier below D if they're intent on doing it but they probably have other options. As it is I'd say that's their price. No reason to downgrade for a lesser player in the same general position though. There are other contracts they can move if they want to cut salary.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We can't afford Landeskog, nor do we need him.

That not being the case, it sounds like the Av's would want Koekkoek.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Lando is a young two-way monster and captain.

Aquiring him will take a lot more than the OP offer.

Like A LOT more.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Errrr.. This offer is severely underrating Landeskog. He can easily fetch a bonafide young top-4 dman, his value is way higher than what is coming back in this proposal.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
What a great offer! Here's one from Detroit.

Nyquist + Ouellet + 3rd for Landeskog. Wow, so enticing for the Avs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I read somewhere last month that Colorado may or may not be putting Landeskog on their trade block.=

AVS have exactly one (1) legit top 6 winger. His name is Landeskog. They need four (4) but only have one. He's not on the trade block.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Avs have zero reason to move their Captain and only top 6 winger that just so happens to be a 1st line two way stud that isn't even 25 years old. You want him, it'd have to be a really big offer. It wouldn't be close to fair value. Again, the Avs have no reason or need to move Landeskog.

Taylor Hall got Larsson, but I value Landeskog's play higher than I do Hall's, and Chia had to do something to fix their defense. Colorado is not in the same position as Edmonton was when they made that trade.

Sakic has turned in to a shrewd negotiator. Don't want to meet his asking price? Fine. The Avs biggest problem right now is arguably their coach. So don't expect players to be available for pennies on the dollar.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Since you aren't a bolts fan, I won't bother to assemble a list of players that would be acceptable center pieces of a Landeskog trade. I'll just say Killorn isn't one of them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Any deal involving Tampa and Landeskog would never, ever have Killorn as the main piece.

He's be an add in to the main piece.

Drouin + Killorn is what it would take. No less then that.

Brent Burns Beard