News Article: Lafleur says Vanek, Patches should GTFO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Analyzer*

Pacioretty: 3 goals, 5 pts in 4 elimination games.

He also had 39 hits (4th most on the team) and 55 shots (most on the team) and 2 game winners (tied for most on the team).

I really understand players who don't want to come here. Here we have a 40 goals scorer for the first time in 20 years and people want to get rid of him.

He didn't score 40. Pacioretty is not a 40 goal scorer.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
This is the second time I hear patches was our most physical forward is this true... because I didnt miss any games and if he had 4th most hits on the team.... that quite unbelievable. I would like to see these hits again lol I remember a lot of skating by and slowing down to a bump before contact hmmm

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
No, he was not our most physical forward in the top 6. Gallagher, Eller, Bourque and Desharnais were all a lot more physical than him.. Pacioretty is a perimeter player. If his name was Kostitsyn he'd get ripped by 99% of the people around here and in the media.

Eller and Bourque were not in the top 6.

And no... just because there weren't highlight reel hits doesn't mean he didn't throw them.

Pacioretty: 39 hits in 17 games
Gallagher: 9 hits in 17 games
Desharnais: 11 hits in 17 games

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Hate when Lafleur opens his mouth but I agree with him on this one.

PacioPretty is the biggest player on his line, by quite a margin but he's the one that plays the "smallest". He's so scared to get hit, it's ridiculous. How can anyone not see it. He lets DD and Gallagher battling for the puck most of the time. In the occasion that he gets the puck, especially near the board, notice he gets so scared of the rough stuff and that he will likely make a blind pass between our defs and kill the offensive pressure.

I would trade him for E. Kane even if he's got better value. Package him with DD for Kane+something.

Eller-Kane Or Galchenyuk-Kane looks better/harder to play against than DD/PacioPretty.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
For sure, but Max has been playing like Cinderella for a while now, it has to stop.

I agree that his game needs to adapt but also our teams roster needs to get an element that reflects this, it is simply not enough for one guy to have it. We need a more western conference styled team or the story will be the same, heck we used to be built that way and we were very successful doing it.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The same Lafleur who quit on the CH when his ice time got reduced... great hockey player.. amazing person (met and played vs him 3 times) but theses comments pisses me off... we are not in the 70's anymore... he s still gets paid by the Habs.. he should shut up!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Eller and Bourque were not in the top 6.

And no... just because there weren't highlight reel hits doesn't mean he didn't throw them.

Pacioretty: 39 hits in 17 games
Gallagher: 9 hits in 17 games
Desharnais: 11 hits in 17 games

Well, being physical is based around how many times you bump your shoulder on someone ? Stop bringing the stats in, they don't tell us anything. We all know Max, and I swear I used to love him, bought his jersey in December 2010 and I boasted it at games even when he was in the minors. Ask around and you will know that I was his biggest supporter throughout the struggle, but Pacioretty is playing like a wimp.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hate when Lafleur opens his mouth but I agree with him on this one.

PacioPretty is the biggest player on his line, by quite a margin but he's the one that plays the "smallest". He's so scared to get hit, it's ridiculous. How can anyone not see it. He lets DD and Gallagher battling for the puck most of the time. In the occasion that he gets the puck, especially near the board, notice he gets so scared of the rough stuff and that he will likely make a blind pass between our defs and kill the offensive pressure.

I would trade him for E. Kane even if he's got better value. Package him with DD for Kane+something.

Eller-Kane Or Galchenyuk-Kane looks better/harder to play against than DD/PacioPretty.

Lol @ suggesting Kane. He's just a more talented Bourque with Chelios behavior.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Well, being physical is based around how many times you bump your shoulder on someone ? Stop bringing the stats in, they don't tell us anything. We all know Max, and I swear I used to love him, bought his jersey in December 2010 and I boasted it at games even when he was in the minors. Ask around and you will know that I was his biggest supporter throughout the struggle, but Pacioretty is playing like a wimp.

I heard he sleeps in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pyjamas :sarcasm:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I heard he sleeps in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pyjamas :sarcasm:

tumblr_lx8xwnVlRu1qaxtdv.gif

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Lol @ suggesting Kane. He's just a more talented Bourque with Chelios behavior.

Well he's got 99 goals in 324 games, Max has 107 goals in 319 games. Not a big difference. Their stats are pretty similar but E. Kane is much more hard to play against. He creates his own chance, while Pacioretty is very dependant of his center to feed him the puck.

For the behavior, I don't give a crap about his IG pictures etc.. As long as he does his job on the ice.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well he's got 99 goals in 324 games, Max has 107 goals in 319 games. Not a big difference. Their stats are pretty similar but E. Kane is much more hard to play against. He creates his own chance, while Pacioretty is very dependant of his center to feed him the puck.

For the behavior, I don't give a crap about his IG pictures etc.. As long as he does his job on the ice.

Kane is lazier than Vanek, he just has a fight or a big hit once in a while.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

He sure was a wimp in Game 6 where he won a foot race with Chara. Fail to see where he was scared of getting hit on that one. Pretty sure any other player on our team could have done that.:sarcasm: Maybe Bourque but that's about it.

Or when he crashed the net for his goal in Game 2 vs the Rangers. He was good enough to score in 5 different games (tied for first on the team with playoffs performer Bourque and HF's lover Lars Eller).

I am done here, all the wannabees GMs can keep making mind-boggling proposals like the E.Kane one (2nd line player and even lazier than Vanek, was a healthy scratch a few times this season). I am going to enjoy watching Patches score 40+ goals next year.
We just had our biggest run in 21 years with Price, Subban AND Pacioretty playing a big role. Criticize all you want but... no Patches, we don't beat Boston so no ECF...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
This thread is a ****ing joke... as funny as Lafleur singning career. The collective IQ of this board just dipped a few points today. It seems that every other player in this league is more talented and play harder than our guys. Trading Pacioretty... what an idiotic thought. E. Kane ? LMAO, let's go their board to see how much of a grinder he is... we finally have a legit scoring forward and we are throwing him under the bus...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This thread is a ****ing joke... as funny as Lafleur singning career. The collective IQ of this board just dipped a few points today. It seems that every other player in this league is more talented and play harder than our guys. Trading Pacioretty... what an idiotic thought. E. Kane ? LMAO, let's go their board to see how much of a grinder he is... we finally have a legit scoring forward and we are throwing him under the bus...

Nobody is actually (Well, aside from 2 or 3 simpletons) proposing to trade pacioretty. We are only saying that Max wears a pink dress under his jersey.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004

Lol did anyone mention how he loves to ice the puck every time he gets it

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Lol did anyone mention how he loves to ice the puck every time he gets it

And yet both players have the same production.....while Kane is 3 years younger. Max is a good player but to act like he's untradeable is dumb. Boston got rid of Seguin..they got rid of Kessel...I don't think they regret either of those decisions.

That's how good teams win. Make moves to improve the team. Kane+Bogosian? Sign me up.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I'm skeptical of acquiring Kane and believe in taking a riskier trade involving Patches to a potential lottery team for their first round pick(s) so we can get higher ceiling prospects, but it is interesting to note that Kane's goal production totals is mostly at even strength. With that said, his deployment stats he that it is skewed towards the offensive zone, which suggests an exploitative role or lack of trust in his or his linemates' defensive skill, although it is a 29%, which is still rather high. Next season will be huge for him, as Scheifele will be more adjusted to the NHL game and likely to be a 50 point player, and could be a 60 point player. Scheifele has decent playmaking skills and a lot of size.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
With today's methods, Lafleur would do circles around everybody on the ice on our squad now. He was smoking and had the best cardiovascular system IN THE WORLD. He was tested and him and Bjorn Borg, who was training furiously at the time, had the best of them all pro athletes. Heck, Lafleur was the ONLY athlete tested that didn't even SWEAT. Not ONE DROP. The guy was a freak of nature. And he smoked for crying out loud!!!

On the ice, he was all by himself during his prime years. Yes, the goalies sucked, but his shot was incredibly hard and precise. And he was like the wind out there.

Best cardio in the world?? Well, I'm gonna need proof. It's quite the statement.

In any event, it's all relevant to his time, which was 40 years ago. So no, I don't think he would fly around players today. Comparing eras is dumb anyways, which was my whole point. Things were different then.

And contrary to the players he's criticizing, he produced when it was time.

Well Lafleur was naturally more gifted than MaxPac, he was one of the best goal scorers to ever play the game. MaxPac hasn't reached 40 yet. So what kind of a stupid statement is this to make? Lafleur has become the standard now???
And hey, even him, one of the best goal scorers EVER, only put up 4 goals in his first 29 games. That's right 4 goals in first 29 games! He was not a 50 goal scorer yet, but he had already produced 78 goals over 3 seasons, so a 25 goal scorer that could not produce in the POs at the same rate.
Max has 5 in 21gp. He just went through his first healthy PO considering he was injured last year.
So, where was this production from Lafleur when he lacked experience?

It's more that he doesn't show up all the time.

After the dynasty years, Lafleur was able to produce just 6 goals in the next 30 PO games until his retirement.

Again, we're not talking about a 35+ goal scorer here.

So maybe, just freaking maybe, it's a tad more difficult to perform as consistently in the POs.

I'd love for you to also provide me with a list of players that are not superstars and consistently produce in every PO series they've been in. Please, wake me up when your it's done, and just to help you out right away, Guy Lafleur doesn't make that list.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Good pt-Lafleur and Gainey were the 2 fittest players on team-Need to google but check newspaper achieves.But I read it in newspapers and book

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
This has been an interesting discussion. What I gather from this topic is that 30 goal scorers grow on trees, which is news to me.

Also, I want to make it clear towards anyone advocating towards trading for Kane. I watched him play hockey for my Vancouver Giants back in the days before university. Never did anything when it mattered come playoff time, and that was when he could dominate on physical gifts alone. Quite frankly, it's a lateral move in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad