Proposal: LA & COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
To the Avs: Iafallo
To the Kings: Kaut or Barron and Compher

Gives the Avs a good player for their top 6 that fills a hole, and gives the Kings a good prospect and a utility roster player. If pressed I’d include both Barron and Kaut, but would like a pick (a third or so) coming back the other way.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
hell-no-conan-o-brien.gif

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The difference in Barron and Kaut is basically the difference between a yes and no from the Avs, although I think RHD is the last position the Kings need filled.
Both combine don’t net you Iafallo so I’m not sure you know he is.. both are useless to the Kings who already have much better prospects than those two

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Gives the Avs a good player for their top 6 that fills a hole, and gives the Kings a good prospect and a utility roster player. If pressed I’d include both Barron and Kaut, but would like a pick (a third or so) coming back the other way.
HAHAHA No!

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I’d do it for Kaut and JTC. Easy pass if Barron subs in for Kaut.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Both combine don’t net you Iafallo so I’m not sure you know he is.. both are useless to the Kings who already have much better prospects than those two

I know who Iafallo is, he isn’t a need on the Avs. Good player who fits LA’s rebuild, but we’d be targeting a better player if Barron was put on the table in a larger package. Not sure why you think I said LA would say yes, but I figured you’d realize that when I said that RHD is the last thing LA needs would mean it’s a no.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I know who Iafallo is, he isn’t a need on the Avs. Good player who fits LA’s rebuild, but we’d be targeting a better player if Barron was put on the table in a larger package. Not sure why you think I said LA would say yes, but I figured you’d realize that when I said that RHD is the last thing LA needs would mean it’s a no.
Not LA, you said the difference between the Avs saying yes/no.. Granted, that statement was a bit hard to decipher but my assumption was that the Avs would say yes to trading Barron and no to trading Kaut for AI.
The value of Alex Iafallo is more than Kaut and Barron.

Reactions: deaderhead28

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Kings fighting for a playoff spot unlikely to trade Iafallo. Maybe if things go real bad by the deadline.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not LA, you said the difference between the Avs saying yes/no.. Granted, that statement was a bit hard to decipher but my assumption was that the Avs would say yes to trading Barron and no to trading Kaut for AI.

Two teams can value a player differently. Iafallo is worth more than Kaut and Barron to the Kings, but not to the Avs. It makes a lot more sense to get Hertl/Giroux for something like Barron + 1st than Barron + Kaut for Iafallo.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
Avs haven’t made a decent trade deadline deal since Peter Mueller, and even then he got concussed before the playoffs and was out of the league shortly after. The guy who dished out the hit? None other than LA’s current GM.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
ive read youre reason on why the kings do this and i still dont understand lol. this is god awful for the kings.

LA and colorado are not good trading partners.

OPs trade is awful, but I dont think the bolded is true. I actually think they're potentially fantastic trading partners. Just maybe not right now.

LA has a major surplus of good RHD. Doughty obviously not going anywhere, and beyond him they have Matt Roy who's an underrated stud(Reminds me a lot of Devon Toews during a couple years ago actually), they have Durzi who is breaking out this year as well. Then not in the NHL they just drafted Clarke 8th overall last year, they're obviously very high on him, and they still have Grans and Spence as well. They're completely stacked on the Right Side.

On the flip side, they aren't nearly as strong on the Left Side defense. I like Mikey Anderson but I certainly dont think he's top pairing quality. Bjornfot's realistic upside is only a 2nd pairing shut down sort as well IMO and more likely he's a 5/6. In the system they dont have a lot on the Left Side either.

The Avs are basically the reverse right now. We're strong on the Left Side*, but only really have 1 Top 4D on the Right side(Makar) and while we do have two really solid prospects, they aren't guarantees(Though they're both not far off tbh) and the Avs window is right now and over the next couple years.

*The issue is with Bo Byram's health being such an uncertainty it turns our Left Side from being a surplus strength with 3 LHD that are Top pairing quality, to only having 2 right now. Makes it a lot harder to make a move.

But I do think the two teams are potentially great trading partners next summer or next season. If Byram gets back to 100% healthy we'll have 3 high end LHD and only 2 spots and a need for a RHD while LA has all kinds of quality RHD but a need for LHD.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

The opposite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad