Kyle Dubas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
I wouldn’t say McBackup is “proven” either. He’s been consistently mediocre the bulk of his career and had a very small amount of games where he’s played very well.

Either way, I find it hard to say the Leafs made he wrong decision here considering all the goalies thry could have gone with have underperformed.

He's been a great back up for like 10 years now.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah read that article. Makes him seem bitter. “The time to do it was in the Spring.”

Let’s see how it all plays out before we make assumptions on anything. Signing Nylander in the Spring meant no foreknowledge of Tavares, so it might’ve cost some much needed cap space.
This is likely Toronto media throwing a shade of grey over the interview. Would he be disappointed not getting the job? Sure anyone would. But he still owns the London Knights and makes a cool mil per year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
he better not screw up this situation with Nylander more than he already has
Dubas has handled this perfectly thus far, hasn't over payed, hasn't traded for scraps, hasn't wavered.

holdfast.jpg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Agreed, but it's going to look real bad on him if nothing happens with Willy and he ends up sitting out the rest of the season.
it'll look worse on Willy, he'll need the remainder of the season to scrub the egg off his face. Maybe, just maybe he'll finally understand that he needs the Leafs far more than they need him.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's been a great back up for like 10 years now.

Not really. His numbers are incredibly underwhelming (minus his time with the Leafs, about 32 games over two seasons).

I mean there was a reason why he was put on waivers when the Leafs first acquired him in the first place

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Not really. His numbers are incredibly underwhelming (minus his time with the Leafs, about 32 games over two seasons).

I mean there was a reason why he was put on waivers when the Leafs first acquired him in the first place

Yeah, they had 2 back ups and went with the younger goalie.
10 years younger or so.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I bet you could look at the records of another 20 NHL GMs and say "What have they accomplished at the NHL level?" So Dubas is about even with a lot of other GMs.
Seems like a look of Dubas haters, think he has complete control of the Leafs. I imagine a lot of Leaf personnel decisions are done "by committee". And I don't mean the type of committee of previous GM(s) in recent times, where a committee meeting was eating and drinking heavily at corporate expense, and telling each other how smart they were, and the media was so stupid which let to the downfall of the Leafs.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Dubas hasn't cracked which is great and what I'd want from a GM. Don't give in or sell low. There's still time. Let us be patient. I remember when everyone was on Stevie Y with the Drouin situation and look how that turned out for Tampa.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Agreed, but it's going to look real bad on him if nothing happens with Willy and he ends up sitting out the rest of the season.

If Willy is demanding too much and the trade options aren't there, then I'm not sure how that looks bad on him. He can't make Nylander be more reasonable, or force GM's to pay up more.

Also I'm not sure what you agreed with, I just asked a question.

Reactions: kb

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
True.

I think he made sure we picked Marner, non ?
Not at all Hunter was the only one who want Marner. He stuck his neck out for Marner.

I biggest issue with Dubas thus far and he seems to have corrected it now. Is his needless sound bites.

Now he has a lot to prove with our RFA’s coming up.

Putting both goalies up at the same time on waivers is something I do not believe he would do again as he was left with no options.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Putting both goalies up at the same time on waivers is something I do not believe he would do again as he was left with no options.
I think he made the best of a bad situation. There wasn't a good option imo.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
By all accounts the pitch made to Stamkos was an utter mess. Thank god it was.
Link one account that said that.

The promblem with that pitch wasn't the presentation but the fact we had nothing to pitch .

And that Stamkos didn't want to come here and be looked at as the savior.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Source? Obviously he wanted Marner, but how do you know he was the only one? It wasn't exactly going out on a limb.
It was mentioned. I am not going to look for the source but Shanny came out and said The choice was Hunters alone. Leafs were working on trading down if Marner was not still available as Hunter had the flyers pick as his next choice. Dubas was high on the big center. It was going out on a limb. Hell most on here thought he was to small and said he was a bad pick.

Reactions: CanadasTeam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad