Value of: Kuznetsov to the preds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Any of the above equivalent to a 3rd round pick or better with no retention.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Trotz loves Kuzy and got him to play his best hockey. Nashville would be a great spot for him.
Didn't Trotz leave Washington right before the whole nose candy incident going on with Kuznetsov?

Anyway, with a MASSIVE focus on character apparently taking place in Nashville, I don't really see it.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn't Trotz leave Washington right before the whole nose candy incident going on with Kuznetsov?

Anyway, with a MASSIVE focus on character apparently taking place in Nashville, I don't really see it.
Evidently Trotz has called Washington about Kuznetsov which is where I think OP got the idea from. Friedman reported it earlier today.

I doubt he’s going there with all of Nashville’s signings today but Kuzy is Trotz’s buddy and I would bet he has zero concerns about his character. They had a very close relationship.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Evidently Trotz has called Washington about Kuznetsov which is where I think OP got the idea from. Friedman reported it earlier today.

I doubt he’s going there with all of Nashville’s signings today but Kuzy is Trotz’s buddy and I would bet he has zero concerns about his character. They had a very close relationship.
Zero concerns about his character? I mean, we just went through a process of buying out/retaining on a few guys who... well, maybe they had grown a little bit "comfortable/relaxed", but were otherwise "pillars of the community". Trotz didn't even want that little blemish of complacency to impact the kids coming up in Nashville. And he is ok with Kuznetsov? :huh: Seems far-fetched to me. :dunno:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Zero concerns about his character? I mean, we just went through a process of buying out/retaining on a few guys who... well, maybe they had grown a little bit "comfortable/relaxed", but were otherwise "pillars of the community". Trotz didn't even want that little blemish of complacency to impact the kids coming up in Nashville. And he is ok with Kuznetsov? :huh: Seems far-fetched to me. :dunno:
Trotz coached Kuznetsov for four years. He brought him along from just getting into the league to being a star 1C who arguably should have won the Conn Smythe in 2018. He has repeatedly said how much he likes Kuznetsov.

The guys he punted weren’t his guys. Kuznetsov is. He called the Caps to ask the price which pretty clearly insinuates he’s not concerned about character or fit.

Reactions: kicksavedave

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
It’s kinda weird how people still hang on to that cocaine thing with Kuzy. It’s like the only thing people bring up outside of Washington whenever they hear his name as if he’s selling coke in the locker room

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
It’s kinda weird how people still hang on to that cocaine thing with Kuzy. It’s like the only thing people bring up outside of Washington whenever they hear his name as if he’s selling coke in the locker room
It's funny because most athletes - including hockey players - do 'nose beers' on a regular basis. Kuzy and his friends are just idiots for filming it. *I am not condoning hard drug use at all, just mentioning the reality of usage amongst elite athletes, unfortunately.*

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, I'm sure he would be sharing it freely, not selling it? :dunno:

That said, isn't he just kind of "going through the motions" for you guys now? That's the kind of thing we just axed some players in Nashville for?

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Noble People of the Beltway: Build a package of the following in exchange for the Russian Bolivian Marching Powder Enthusiast:

Picks, Zach L’Hereux, Fyodor Svechkov, Reid Schaefer, Alex Carrier, Dante Fabbro, Yakov Trenin
Considering what happened today signing wise, does it matter?

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

He might also have dragged down Vrana with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad