Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Dmitry Kulikov signs extension with the Panthers (4 years, $1.15M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Very team friendly

Taxes and weather do their thing
Team friendly, player friendly length. More than taxes, FLL is his home

Playoff Kulikov was substantially better than regular season Kulikov. There's a good chance he's retired either by LTIR or by AHL by end of year 3.

Reactions: Vilam

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Even adjusted for taxes, it just a weird deal for 4 years. It like a player saying "I think I want to play 4 more years before I'm forced out of the league, how do we make this happen so I can keep playing?"
He lives in Florida, instead of taking 2.3 x 2 and retiring at 35, he gets the same cash over 4 years and gets to keep his family in Florida.

Reactions: Vilam

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This deal vs OEL. Taxes. Get the Calculators.

If he signed with the Leafs he would need to make at least $6M/year to get same earnings. I got the Calculator out.

There's nothing wrong with salary structure. Panthers just have a better one due to Calculator.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad