Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
1729076983419.png

Leading the league in points per game.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Nate was gifted the hart for his Canadian factor and he wasn't the best or most dominate player. Didn't he throw a tantrum last week or something? I just got my power back Saturday from the hurricane.

Not too sure myself, wasn't it something to do with the All-Star game?

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Kucherov is the best forward behind McDavid the way I see it.

But Anze Kopitar would shut both of them down while scoring a game winner on top of that the way he’s playing right now.

Doughty is going to come back stronger than ever. I think the Kings might be the dark horse pick no one’s talking about

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

But Anze Kopitar would shut both of them down while scoring a game winner on top of that.

Doughty is going to come back stronger than ever. I think the Kings might be the dark horse pick no one’s talking about
oh yes i agree
kings major threat
just need kuemper to be as good as he was in 2022

Reactions: Coffees

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Swapping Stamkos for Guentzel should really help his line 5 on 5 this year. Could see another big year coming, especially if he wants that hart.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
MacKinnons win was very deserved.

Centres just do more. It's like complaining about QB's winning MVP's in the NFL. You have to blow away the field as a winger to compensate for how less of a defensive impact the typical winger makes (and Kucherov is below average defensively anyways). Kane did that in 2016.

Frankly the voting was most sus in 2018/2019 where people bought into that Taylor Hall narrative and were already bored of voting for McDavid if it was close so Kucherov snuck his lone win.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That's why I said "typical winger." This isn't an outlier like Lehtinen or Hossa, Kucherov is below average defensively.
He is the best offensive winger in the league, the best playoff performing winger of the lockout era onwards and and trending to be top 25 player all time if he can get 1 more ross+hart/lindsay.

Last year he wasnt on the ice for as many goals as stamkos and point, despite constant similar usage/play.

Hossa at his best wasnt close to Kucherov, with kucherov being far greater player all time than any elite defensive winger in NHL history already

Kucherov deserved the hart just as much as Mackinnon last year

Super close race and they went with the guy who didnt have one. No issues there but both were the best players in the league last year along with 97

If Mcdavid was anyone but Connor Mcdavid he would win the hart most likely as well with 132 in 76, good for 2nd in ppg and getting the oilers to the playoff narrative after a tragic start.

last year had 3 guys who were "best player in the league" level and then panarin, pasta, matthews who could have been best player in the league level in a normalish season too

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

But Anze Kopitar would shut both of them down while scoring a game winner on top of that the way he’s playing right now.

Yeah until they lose in round 1 without putting up a fight, again.

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Yeah until they lose in round 1 without putting up a fight, again.
Perhaps, and that’s if they even make the playoffs. We just got into the season, this is just a cool hypothetical situation that can also happen by chance.

I’m not a Kings fan , but that would be cool thing to happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad