Value of: Kraken UFAs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'm just wondering how much of a market there might be for the following players:

Eberle @ $2.75M
Wennberg @ $2.25M
Dreidger @ $1.75M
Schultz @ $1.5M

I feel like Wennberg would have the most value out of this group right now.

(I'm aware the Kraken can't retain on all of them)

Reactions: majormajor

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm just wondering how much of a market there might be for the following players:

Eberle @ $2.75M
Wennberg @ $2.25M
Dreidger @ $1.75M
Schultz @ $1.5M

Wennberg is a big 3C. He’d be interesting. I bet teams would pay full freight for him.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Seems like a Chevy type of move. How is he on faceoffs. How is his defensive game?

Jets are definitely looking for someone to slot in with Ehlers and Perfetti.

Schultz could also be of interest to the Jets.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
3 Cs like Wennberg have gone around a late 2nd round pick. I am more interested in Eberle who probably fetches a 2nd or a 3rd.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
There's a bunch of teams missing an even moderately experienced goalie, so he'll probably find some place. Bet he's even more of a glass jaw than Antti Raanta, so perhaps that limits any suitors.

Part of Driedger's value probably comes from already being buried. Nobody is going to want him to improve their NHL roster heading toward the playoffs. But he's handy as a depth guy, as long as they can retain to nix that buried penalty. That proverbial, "3rd goalie" who is stashed in the AHL but you can bring up as a black ace or whatever come playoff time. Someone with actual significant NHL experience if you have to call on the at some point. I think Comrie out of Buffalo is probably interesting for the same reason. Both expiring UFAs so you can just use them as temporary insurance and walk away.

Driedger's propensity for getting himself injured puts a dent in that though. An insurance policy is less useful if it's more unreliable than your primary options. :laugh:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wennberg at 2.25 million would be quite the deal. I could actually see contenders being interested in a lot that Seattle has to offer if they do

Yeah. I think all of these guys could have some value at the deadline with max retention. For Seattle, it's probably just a matter of figuring out which guys they can get the best return on, with those retention slots. And how much their owners are willing to spend on it.

Wennberg isn't a world-beater, but he's a solid middle-6 filler with size and some positional versatility. With retention, he's easy enough for a lot of teams to fit into their cap situation as versatile depth.

Eberle would be a cheap Top-6 Winger option for someone with a little bit of a history of being "clutch". That'd be a nice little pickup for under $3M.

I could see either of them having some utility for the Canucks. Not primary options, but if they're having trouble coughing up the value for more preferrable options, and/or can't make the cap work...Wennberg or Eberle with max retention would be an okay fallback option.

Schultz i'm not as sure on. Even at that price, he's more of an offensive, powerplay type defenceman. Not what playoff teams are typically looking to load up on at the deadline. They've usually got a decent enough powerplay sorted out with a solid QB. I'm kind of curious about the Jets though. They jump off the page a bit as a top team, but with a pretty underwhelming Powerplay. A RH shot offensive D might actually be really intriguing for their situation. Especially if he's cheap, but if it's Winnipeg as the suitor, they can probably even find a way to shoehorn him in without retention, which would be desirable for Seattle so they can retain on other deals.

Driedger...like i said above, probably has some value as a "3rd goalie" for somebody since he's already buried. NHL experience and if he's retained below the buried penalty threshold, he'd be cheap to acquire "insurance" for someone with shaky or unreliable or fragile goaltending. Kind of wonder if he wouldn't appeal to a team like Carolina...if they could just leave him loaned out with Coachella since they don't have their own farm team at the moment. Give them an extra guy who they can call upon since their goaltending is kind of messy and injury prone as it stands.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I see a couple mentions of Wennberg as a big center with size and that is certainly not the way he plays. He's not strong and not a physical player.

I think he's a great defensive center and underrated because folks tend to not know that about him.

Seems like a Chevy type of move. How is he on faceoffs.

Consistently below average.

How is his defensive game?

Consistently high end without the puck.

Great neutral zone reads, quick with a good stick. Also adept at getting the puck out of trouble and into the offensive zone.

Jets are definitely looking for someone to slot in with Ehlers and Perfetti.

I don't know if they score more with Wennberg than Namestnikov. Not much of an offensive upgrade. Wennberg has really great soft skills with his skating, handling, and passing. But not much of a scorer's mindset. I always had the funny thought that he'd make a better defenseman.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'd be happy to add Eberle for cheap because of his timely scoring, and Wennberg can be a useful defensive 2C for your neighbors in the PNW... how about Kuzmenko + pick for both?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Eberle @ $2.75M
Wennberg @ $2.25M
Dreidger @ $1.75M
Schultz @ $1.5M

What would Larsson cost?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad