News Article: KPD: Patrice Bergeron ‘on track to play’ in Bruins home opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:handclap:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...home-opener/SbWhSi8zs3Q86bGXgqljmN/story.html

“I think he’s on track to play [Thursday],” said coach Claude Julien. “Unless I am told otherwise [by the medical staff], or if he comes in [Thursday] and feels any different, we’re hoping he’s going to be in the lineup.’’

Bergeron, who completed the full workout along with injured defenseman Adam McQuaid, also sounded optimistic about suiting up for the home opener, but provided the standard qualifier.

“We’ll just go by how I feel,’’ he said. “I felt really good on the ice today, and hopefully it stays throughout today and tomorrow morning.’’

Neither the club nor Bergeron will reveal the nature of his injury, but speculation has been that he aggravated an ankle injury he sustained last season. He came to camp in excellent shape, hoping to make an immediate impact on the new season after winning the World Cup of Hockey tournament with Team Canada.

“It’s really unfortunate not to be able to kind of ride that wave a bit with the way I felt,” said Bergeron. “But it happened and I had to take the time to heal and I’ve got to stay with it, I guess.’’

https://www.facebook.com/BGlobeSports/videos/877890792313159/

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Great news, but should we be concerned that this injury could linger? Hard to know when such little info is made available. Obviously hope they're not rushing him back.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The last game Bergeron played in was September 29th.

That is a good 20 days of rest for him, and if I know the Bruins they will not allow him back until he is 100%.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
First Haggerty now Dupes...

Haggerty wrote a whole article about how the pair of Liles-Carlo was doing so well in training camp - yet they didnt' skate one shift together in camp.

Now Dupes says Heinen has been "parked on the 4th line" for the first 3 games of the season - yet he's played almost entirely with Krejci and Spooner.

Am I reading it wrong, or do these guys just not watch the games?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
So it sounds like this is what we'll have for the home-opener...

Marsh - Bergeron - Pasta
Heinen - Krejci - Backes
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Moore - Nash - Acciari

Still not crazy about Beleskey and Hayes playing together, but I like the top6 and I like the 4th line so I guess it's worth seeing if a new and improved Spooner in the middle can make that line more effective 5on5 this year.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

Marsh - Bergeron - Pasta
Heinen - Krejci - Backes
Moore - Nash - Acciari

Still not crazy about Beleskey and Hayes playing together, but I like the top6 and I like the 4th line so I guess it's worth seeing if a new and improved Spooner in the middle can make that line more effective 5on5 this year.

i like that too. just replace hayes with czarnik and we are good to go.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Haggerty wrote a whole article about how the pair of Liles-Carlo was doing so well in training camp - yet they didnt' skate one shift together in camp.

Now Dupes says Heinen has been "parked on the 4th line" for the first 3 games of the season - yet he's played almost entirely with Krejci and Spooner.

THIS is why almost nobody takes either of these two hacks seriously.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Given the other analysis I've seen from them, It's possible they do not

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
i like that too. just replace hayes with czarnik and we are good to go.

I really don't like the idea of saddling spooner with Beleskey and Hayes but Beleskey has been trying and Hayes has brought the effort too so we'll see

Really would like to see Czarnik of the preseason in there but I'm wary the concussion and overall shock of entering the NHL has put a hold on his game and he needs to go back to providence

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I really don't like the idea of saddling spooner with Beleskey and Hayes but Beleskey has been trying and Hayes has brought the effort too so we'll see

Really would like to see Czarnik of the preseason in there but I'm wary the concussion and overall shock of entering the NHL has put a hold on his game and he needs to go back to providence
Cant forget about Frankie either. He shouldnt be too far away, a shooter like him could work with Spooner but they will need help.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Heinen on the 4th line says Dupont? Have I gone crazy thinking I was watching Heinen on the 3rd line or is Dupont writing things having not actually watching one game this year?

edit: sorry fans, didn`t scroll past the link and posted immediately, didn`t read others picked up on this too

I ran into and spoke to DuPont at preseason and in Warrior practice rink

He seems pretty bright to me

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don`t doubt for one minute he`s bright and I`ll admit in recent years, I`ve not enjoyed his writing nearly as much as I did , say even 5 years ago but saying Heinen was parked on the 4th line doesn`t indicate he`s watched much so far

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If I had to guess, I would say that right now the priorities are:

KPD:

1) Election
2) Hockey

Haggs:

1) Buffet
2) Clicks
3) Buffet
4) Hockey

Fluto:

1) Best places to eat in Hockey cities
2) Best hockey cities to visit in general
3) Hockey

Funny because it's true.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

He's a very bright guy.

He's also a real good guy.

Years back my oldest boy, Connor who you've met Dan back in the day, was seriously sick. KPD was one of the first to reach out to me here and by phone call to offer any help he could to raise my boy's spirits.

I don't always agree with what he writes but as far being a helluva a guy he's top shelf in my book.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Marsh - Bergeron - Pasta
Heinen - Krejci - Backes
Moore - Nash - Acciari

yeah- they should swap acciari with hayes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad