OT: Kos - Cabbie Presents The Podcast

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
1:18:30 K-os on the Ottawa Senators
- everyone rallies around other canadian team
- you don't rally around a team named the senators
- you don't need to be reminded about the government when you play sports
- the Senators have to be one of the only Canadian teams, that Canadians hate on moreso than the other teams
- a lot of Canadians want the Sens out

The entire podcast is actually very good, and I actually like K-os more (above comments aside) after the interview than before.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So K-os, a born-and-raised Torontonian, and life-long Leafs fans, is ragging on the Sens?

Color me SHOCKED! I wonder if other people from Toronto feel this way?!?

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
1:18:30 K-os on the Ottawa Senators
- everyone rallies around other canadian team
- you don't rally around a team named the senators
- you don't need to be reminded about the government when you play sports
- the Senators have to be one of the only Canadian teams, that Canadians hate on moreso than the other teams
- a lot of Canadians want the Sens out

1. is he an expert? did everyone rally around the canucks? i know i didn't, and just about everyone i know didn't. maybe i'm misinformed though.

2. is he an expert? - i like the name. that's 1-1 in voting on whether or not the name is okay

3. just don't think of the government. i don't want to be reminded of trees when i watch hockey, but when i watch the leafs play, i'm not thinking about trees. when i watch the jets play, i'm not thinking about jets, i'm not thinking about canadian people when i watch the canadians or the canucks, and i don't think about oilers when i see them play. maybe he has adhd and can't focus on the game while he's watching. his mind wanders to other places, and he comes up with poo poo like this. can't fault him on this one if that's the case.

4. is he an expert? the canucks and the canadians are two canadian teams a lot of people hate on. everyone can get behind hating the leafs. the jets are like the new baby that everyone loves, and the sens are the quiet, smaller team that no one really cares about. oilers? they exist? the only time i see them is at draft table.

5. i don't want any team that's not mine winning the cup, especially a canadian team, so i can agree with this, but for completely different reasons.

i don't know who this guy is, but he gave me a good laugh at stupidity for the day, so this is my official thank you. thanks, k-os (whoever you are)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So a guy who was kinda big..ish in the 2000's.

K-os isn't popular anymore but he's still a fantastic musician. His rhythm and ability to make the music behind him shine is pretty uncanny. Judging an artist by their popularity is like ranking NHL teams by their amount of fans.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
K-os isn't popular anymore but he's still a fantastic musician. His rhythm and ability to make the music behind him shine is pretty uncanny. Judging an artist by their popularity is like ranking NHL teams by their amount of fans.

Meh he never really did it for me. Everyone has there own opinions of course, I just never really liked him all that much

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Meh he never really did it for me. Everyone has there own opinions of course, I just never really liked him all that much

Understandable, he can definitely be a bit polarizing, but its hard to deny his impressive technical talent.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

You don't say, lol with ODB i believe as the avatar!

Joyful Rebellion is in my top 5 hip hop/R&B albums of all time, that album is simply amazing and i still listen to it today especially coming from a canuck i found it easier to relate to....that being said so is 36 chambers!

Also like Kos' new single, pretty catchy!

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
He's clearly projecting. What he described pretty much applies to his beloved Leafs.....I'd say they are the most hated in North America let alone Canada.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
You don't say, lol with ODB i believe as the avatar!

Joyful Rebellion is in my top 5 hip hop/R&B albums of all time, that album is simply amazing and i still listen to it today especially coming from a canuck i found it easier to relate to....that being said so is 36 chambers!

Also like Kos' new single, pretty catchy!

:naughty:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Was this even worth a thread? A nobody went on a podcast to bash on the Sens. So what?

Silly comments, but no need to take it personal.

2 Platinum records, an album that made it onto the Billboard charts and songs with Sam Roberts, the Roots, Feist, Broken Social Scene, winner of a couple of Junos, i'd say that's someone that accomplished more than most, and has some degree of celebrity...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Silly comments, but no need to take it personal.

2 Platinum records, an album that made it onto the Billboard charts and songs with Sam Roberts, the Roots, Feist, Broken Social Scene, winner of a couple of Junos, i'd say that's someone that accomplished more than most, and has some degree of celebrity...

I should have specified -- when I said nobody, I meant it in reference to his relevance in the hockey world. Not knocking his achievements.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I think the rallying around a canadian team is a bit overrated. He found a ****** way to say it but I don't jump on other canadian teams bandwagons. It all started with Calgary in 2004, the Oilers had a good run in 06 also but I don't think epople jumped on Ottawa, Vancouver or Mtl's (3 rounds lol) bandwagon.

Personally, I like some players, therefor rooting for their teams.

PS: Great eulogy by DGB on the 2010 habs run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad