Traded Korpisalo (5 years/20M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
If $$ was not an issue, could the Sens theoretically bury Korpi in the AHL so it doesn't count against the cap and then sign a new goalie?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I wonder whether people think Staois explored trading Korpisalo already around the deadline and there wasn’t much interest?

Perhaps this is why he says Korpisalo's numbers will improve?

Time for rampant speculation and theories. LOL.

Reactions: lancepitlick

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I wonder whether people think Staois explored trading Korpisalo already around the deadline and there wasn’t much interest?

Perhaps this is why he says Korpisalo's numbers will improve?

Time for rampant speculation and theories. LOL.

It would shock me if he didn't listen on Korpisalo.

Apparently the trade didn't get done because he wasn't sure which team the tumbleweed he heard.from was GM of..

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It would shock me if he didn't listen on Korpisalo.

Apparently the trade didn't get done because he wasn't sure which team the tumbleweed he heard.from was GM of..
Yes, and that would also make sense with Staois' “no buyout” statements in the interview. If teams thought the Senators would buy out Korpisalo and had any interest in him (yes, strange concept), then they’d just wait until he’s bought out.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Well, look on the brightside. Korpisalo is statistically very unlikely to be as bad as he was this past season and with the eye treatment happening, might he even be average?

Would be a huge gamble for Staios to go into next season with Korpisalo in net and focus on improving other areas, but might it work if the eye surgery goes well?

Reactions: lancepitlick

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well, look on the brightside. Korpisalo is statistically very unlikely to be as bad as he was this past season and with the eye treatment happening, might he even be average?

Would be a huge gamble for Staios to go into next season with Korpisalo in net and focus on improving other areas, but might it work if the eye surgery goes well?

I can't imagine us going with the same tandem next season, but if we get someone like Stolarz or Broissoit, and Korpisalo is still here as the backup, I could a bounce back season where he's closer to league average.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I say we go all in and double down.
At least make it fun to be a sens fan. (And I think he’s actually 6’4”!)
BC795D1E-C1BA-4D78-99D3-831D8AAF1FE0.jpeg

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
Skinner on the Oilers gives me Korpy vibes- like how he plays 1 good game and everyone is like "this guy is awesome! Seems like we found 'our guy'!" And then the next game lets in like 5 goals on 8 shots. 😂

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I assume the goal is to find a guy this summer who can give us 50+ starts, unload Forsberg and hope Korpisalo can give us 30ish starts with a bounce back to league average.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Teams are able to move guys all the time that people have said they are untradable or unmovable, it happens every yr. Players have bounce back yrs all the time after sucking one yr or they get a change of scenery & become a better player. It happens.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Teams are able to move guys all the time that people have said they are untradable or unmovable, it happens every yr. Players have bounce back yrs all the time after sucking one yr or they get a change of scenery & become a better player. It happens.
This is true, but there's some precedent with Campbell's contract/situation/play looking almost identical.

Surely, Edmonton would have moved him if it were possible. And Campbell had a much better resume prior to their collapses.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Skinner on the Oilers gives me Korpy vibes- like how he plays 1 good game and everyone is like "this guy is awesome! Seems like we found 'our guy'!" And then the next game lets in like 5 goals on 8 shots. 😂
That’s what happened to bobrovsky last game though.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Nah, Skinner has some of the worst fundamentals in the league, and is slow as hell.

Korpisalo is actually great reflexively and has great lateral movement; however, they both have the brain fart disease.

Reactions: Icelevel

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Reactions: Senscore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad