Confirmed Signing with Link: Knights sign Pouliot

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Drafted a decade ago and never appeared to pan out.

I think he was with Henderson? Has he done well for them?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It was bad enough when my Pens selected him when everyone and their mother thought they were going to finally get Sid a legit winger and draft Forsberg, but it was even worse when they didn't trade him in the ensuing 1-2 years when it was clear he had holes in his game but his value was still very high as a prospect.

Unless he has somehow found god, a new level of motivation, a new level of urgency & determination, an extra gear in his skating, and everything else, I don't know what this signing means for VGK -- other than perhaps this is a depth move because they're moving out one of their existing Dmen in a big, unforeseen trade (Theodore?) to plug other holes, and they just want more bodies in their organization.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Exhibit A for why you need to have at least average skating, if not above-average, to be successful as an offensive defenseman at the NHL level

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Was wondering what happened to this guy. One of the most apathetic and uninspiring styles ever

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
It was bad enough when my Pens selected him when everyone and their mother thought they were going to finally get Sid a legit winger and draft Forsberg, but it was even worse when they didn't trade him in the ensuing 1-2 years when it was clear he had holes in his game but his value was still very high as a prospect.

Unless he has somehow found god, a new level of motivation, a new level of urgency & determination, an extra gear in his skating, and everything else, I don't know what this signing means for VGK -- other than perhaps this is a depth move because they're moving out one of their existing Dmen in a big, unforeseen trade (Theodore?) to plug other holes, and they just want more bodies in their organization.
They did it because they're depleted by injuries. Before the Pouliot signing they were on track to dress 5 right shot D's. 2 of which have combined for less than 10 games of NHL experience.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
They did it because they're depleted by injuries. Before the Pouliot signing they were on track to dress 5 right shot D's. 2 of which have combined for less than 10 games of NHL experience.

I’d rather have the Zamboni driver or the guy changing the hot dog water at the concession stand on the back end than Pouliot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They need a left handed veteran with Martinez, Hutton, Hague & McNabb out.

O RLY?

Wanna trade with your good friend Buffalo again? Could we interest you in a low-cost Robert Hagg? Maybe for, say, taking the protection off that 1st rounder this year?? Huh? (kidding)

Seriously -- Hagg for like a 4th or 5th. Solid LHD. Cheap. Game probably translates very well to the playoffs.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Good for both, team and player.

But, uh, what's with the over the shoulder sexy stare?

Stupid sexy Pouliot. No wonder he can't hold an NHL job

But lets be real here, he posed that way hoping his ass would be in the twitter pic

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He was an ‘Uh, I liked him at the draft’ project for Dim Jim Benning in Vancouver and was given two full seasons in the NHL he didn’t deserve, and was utterly horrific in the first season.

Ironically, he improved considerably in his second season and just as the icetime he didn’t deserve was turning him into a kind-of-ok depth NHL defender the signing of Quinn Hughes basically instantly ended his full-time NHL career.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The pick that confirmed to me that random people on the internet would probably not have much different levels of success than actual GMs in regards to the draft. Didn’t make sense then, doesn’t make sense now.

I wish Pouliot the best though.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
derrick-pouliot-2021-53.jpg

Even his image is the definition of "milquetoast". I can't remember anything of importance in his two years in a Canucks uniform.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Penguins fans will be out in force to voice our displeasure with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad