Knights of the Old Republic Remake

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
FYI, it's a remake, not a remaster.
Looks like Sony is publishing.

I was wondering if Sony was paying for it and that confirms it and suggests that it'll be exclusive to the PlayStation, which is kind of odd because both KotOR and KotOR 2 apparently never came to PS (they were Xbox and Windows exclusives and, even when they were ported, it wasn't to PS). I wonder if this is a play by Sony to try to win Xbox users or if it's just in anticipation of a possible 3rd game.

Reactions: robertmac43

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
FYI, it's a remake, not a remaster.

I was wondering if Sony was paying for it and that confirms it and suggests that it'll be exclusive to the PlayStation, which is kind of odd because both KotOR and KotOR 2 apparently never came to PS (they were Xbox and Windows exclusives and, even when they were ported, it wasn't to PS). I wonder if this is a play by Sony to try to win Xbox users or if it's just in anticipation of a possible 3rd game.

Sounds like a timed exclusive, but nothing on time frame or platforms. Probably along the lines of the FF7 Remake.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I love the original, but that was back in 2003.

I think they'll have to make some massive overhauls to the gameplay systems to make it enjoyable by todays standards.

Those battles were straight up JANKY.

Great news for anybody that didn't play the original though.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
faint-fainting.gif

I am dead to the world when this comes out.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Sounds like a timed exclusive, but nothing on time frame or platforms. Probably along the lines of the FF7 Remake.
Right in the trailer is says "A Legend Remade for PS5". Sounds like it will be on PC as well, so Xbox players will have other avenues to play it.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I'm about a third of the way through Kotor 1 on the original xbox. one of the greatest games of all time.

I'll be buying a ps5 just for this

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to the Playstation site the game is a "console exclusive on Playstation 5 at launch".

In other words it's launching on PS5 and PC, releasing later on Xbox.

"Console exclusive" means it will start out as a PS5 exclusive.

I fully expect it to go to PC at some point.

But a PC is not a console

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal

Console exclusive means that the only console it will be on is the specified console, but it says nothing about a PC release.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Normally when Sony uses the term "console exclusive" it means the game is also coming out on PC. They say "Playstation exclusive" when the game is only on Playstation.
qnY9OYy.png

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Normally when Sony uses the term "console exclusive" it means the game is also coming out on PC. They say "Playstation exclusive" when the game is only on Playstation.
qnY9OYy.png

That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about as far as I know that's a PS5 exclusive for 1 year then it goes to other platforms.

I expect something similar to happen with KOTOR

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I got the original when I was 13. Got a total of nine hours of sleep over three days. My favourite game of all time and I am absolutely thrilled. I'll probably wait for it to come to Xbox, unless the times exclusivity is some stupid amount of time in which case I'll just buy a PlayStation. I hope the release is sometime in the next two years.

Reactions: NinjaKick

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Never played this game. The last Star Wars game I played was the n64 one back in the day which was awesome. Lol.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Any site saying that KOTOR is coming to Xbox and that it is a PS5 timed exclusive is 100% speculation. It was announced yesterday for the first time. No one knows what Sonys actual role is with the development of it. If they are putting money into it as well as labor, I wouldn't be surprised if it was totally PS5 exclusive with a PC release down the line. If they are just publishing it and doing the marketing then it will probably be a timed exclusive.

But who knows, you know for sure Disney is super pleased with how Spider-man 1/2 did on the PS4 being an exclusive, maybe they are just content having KOTOR sitting on the PS5 based on how sales figures are going.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Any site saying that KOTOR is coming to Xbox and that it is a PS5 timed exclusive is 100% speculation. It was announced yesterday for the first time. No one knows what Sonys actual role is with the development of it. If they are putting money into it as well as labor, I wouldn't be surprised if it was totally PS5 exclusive with a PC release down the line. If they are just publishing it and doing the marketing then it will probably be a timed exclusive.

But who knows, you know for sure Disney is super pleased with how Spider-man 1/2 did on the PS4 being an exclusive, maybe they are just content having KOTOR sitting on the PS5 based on how sales figures are going.
If the game isn't a timed exclusive isn't it odd for Sony to specify that it's a console exclusive at launch? I don't think they would say that unless there are plans for the game to be on other platforms in the future. A PC version has also been confirmed for launch so that isn't the platform it would be ported to in the future.

I'm not saying it isn't possibly the case but it would be very odd given what has been said about the game thus far.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I have 1 and 2 on my phone cause it’s a fun distraction to pick up and play a few minutes at a time. Hoping the 1 remake is a real remake and not just a port with mildly better graphics

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When do you think it will be released? I'm thinking they are fairly far into development as remakes are usually annouced when significant progress is made, Alan Wake, RE2, RE3 and uncharted come to mind, i don't think this is years away

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Am I the only one excited it might mean a Kotor 2 remake down the line?

Like seriously pls finish this game

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I mean, I'm happy for everyone who never got to play this GOAT of a game, but I'd have been much happier with a KOTOR 3

I'm stoked to play the remake, but I can't help but hope this is a prelude to a KOTOR 3. Maybe get more people into the franchise before building on it.

A far fetched hope, but there it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad