Confirmed with Link: Klippenstein Leaving Avs July 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rate the job Wade did?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody posted this as news? He was not renewed by the Avs, per TMV, who also says Avs might internally promote Scott Harris (who is responsible for the Devils cupboard).

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Question on Dorion....we all know we was to some degree hand-cuffed by his owner. But could he have been a good GM if given a second chance with a less intrusive boss? Or where the blunders all truly on him as well?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Evan is always grinding its nice to have him around for the Avs!

Im intrigued by Scott Harris, too bad we probably won't hear or know anything until the draft because Avs!

Reactions: dahrougem2

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Can we please just hire someone with a proven track record to run our drafts? And fire all the more senior amateur scouts, since they clearly miss the mark every draft and don't see eye-to-eye

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Klippenstein's picks during his three seasons:

2021:

Oscar Olausson - 1st
Sean Behrens - 2nd
Andrei Buyalski - 3rd
Taylor Makar - 7th

2022:

Chris Romaine - 6th
Ivan Zhigalov - 7th

2023:

Calum Ritchie - 1st
Mikhail Gulyayev - 1st
Nikita Ishimnikov - 5th
Jeremy Hanzel - 6th
Maros Jedlicka - 7th

Looking at that list, it's kind of worse than I thought. It's not often that picks look as bad as Olausson, Ishimnikov, Zhigalov, and Buyalski do so quickly. I'll give a pass on Taylor Makar because that was clearly an org decision.

Certainly Behrens and Ritchie are looking promising as of right now, with Gulyayev as a wild card, but that's really not an inspiring list at all, especially with so little time having passed.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Klippenstein's picks during his three seasons:

2021:

Oscar Olausson - 1st
Sean Behrens - 2nd
Andrei Buyalski - 3rd
Taylor Makar - 7th

2022:

Chris Romaine - 6th
Ivan Zhigalov - 7th

2023:

Calum Ritchie - 1st
Mikhail Gulyayev - 1st
Nikita Ishimnikov - 5th
Jeremy Hanzel - 6th
Maros Jedlicka - 7th

Looking at that list, it's kind of worse than I thought. It's not often that picks look as bad as Olausson, Ishimnikov, Zhigalov, and Buyalski do so quickly. I'll give a pass on Taylor Makar because that was clearly an org decision.

Certainly Behrens and Ritchie are looking promising as of right now, with Gulyayev as a wild card, but that's really not an inspiring list at all, especially with so little time having passed.
I don't want to make excuses, but he wasn't really in a great position to succeed. The 2021 draft was pretty much trowing darts after the very top of the class due to Covid. And I'm not sure what you should expect from a draft with only a 6th & 7th. The results looked much better when he had a full set of picks during a normal draft class in 2023.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Definitely sounds like we might have something in Scott Harris. Similar to when we poached MacFarland away from CBJ we have someone who will eventually run things one day.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I don't want to make excuses, but he wasn't really in a great position to succeed. The 2021 draft was pretty much trowing darts after the very top of the class due to Covid. And I'm not sure what you should expect from a draft with only a 6th & 7th. The results looked much better when he had a full set of picks during a normal draft class in 2023.
But he was with the team for years before being the director.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can we trade a 1st round pick for Tampa’s amateur scout? Id do that in a heartbeat because the guy will just find a equally good 1st round player in later rounds

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Question on Dorion....we all know we was to some degree hand-cuffed by his owner. But could he have been a good GM if given a second chance with a less intrusive boss? Or where the blunders all truly on him as well?
It's hard to tell how he'd do under a normal GM setup. He was wearing so many hats for Melnyk...he was doing the job of like 4 guys and he had to deal with the cheapest owner in the league + the reality of being in a small Canadian market. He was trying to build a good team and everything was stacked against him.

One thing he isn't good at is judging NHL goalies though.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's hard to tell how he'd do under a normal GM setup. He was wearing so many hats for Melnyk...he was doing the job of like 4 guys and he had to deal with the cheapest owner in the league + the reality of being in a small Canadian market. He was trying to build a good team and everything was stacked against him.

One thing he isn't good at is judging NHL goalies though.

I mean...how do we even know? The organization as a whole clearly just doesn't give a f*** about developing a goalie in-house. It's a total afterthought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad